No announcement yet.

Ground Beef Jerky and Skinless Snak Stix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i gotta get me 1 of those. i have some venison to do snack stix w/.

great job.
    brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
    18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
    cast iron Hibachi
    22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
    & rotisserator
    12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
    stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
    Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
    http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
    my music recordings-
    http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Well folks, here's where I got the "contraption."
      Rich, with all the adapters that come with it, I think it would fit anything you could throw at it. Look at the link, there is a pic of everything. I will also include one with my review.

Tom

Comment

Top Notch and tanks for the linko....

Comment

That is quite the gizmo. At first I thought it was a Colosimo press. They are very cool, but way expensive. This looks like it does the same job though. Keep us posted on how well it holds up.
          sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

No product review necessary Tom. A pictures worth a thousand words.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
              Well folks, here's where I got the "contraption."
              Rich, with all the adapters that come with it, I think it would fit anything you could throw at it. Look at the link, there is a pic of everything. I will also include one with my review.
              Thanks Tom. I usually make 5 lbs or more to take up hunting. Now I can put it into the stuffer. The slim jim type take up a lot less room in the dehydrator too. Want to start experimenting with my own recipes and smoking them next.

Seen something like it before, but not for that price. This will be a huge timesaver.
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by mulepackin View Post
                Fantastic looking snacks! How much teryaki are you adding? I've been wanting to try some in my jerky or stix, but I'm afraid it would be easy to overdue. I got a jerky cannon from Cabelas last Christmas that I haven't even used yet, now I'm worried it's not a decent piece of gear after what I'm hearing here.
                Here's what I did, and it tastes perfect.

Teriyaki Jerky

2 lbs very lean ground beef or venison, coarse ground
                1/4 C soy sauce
                1 C water
                1 tsp ground ginger
                3 Tbs brown sugar
                1 tsp garlic powder
                .08 oz cure #1
                Oh yeah, and binder of choice.
                Mix for 5 minutes then let cure in fridge for 24 hours.
                Next day, grind through medium plate and make some jerky!!!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                  Oh yeah, and binder of choice.
                  OK Tom..I'm a noob here... what did you use? I have never used a binder.
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Well, I tried the "Special Meat Binder" from Butcher & Packer and have to admit, I like it. You use very little and it works every bit as good as soy protein.
                    You don't have to use a binder, but I do with all my smoked sausages, so I decided to use it with the jerky and I like the results. I think any sweetener you might use would have sufficient binding properties, but I don't know about moisture retention. That's why I like conventional binders.

Tom

Comment

Allright. I'm gonna order some netting anyway. And the device is on the way. Might as well give it a run. Thanks for the expert advice, sir! Geez... where else but Smoked-Meat!
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I have the metal version of that jerky press from LEM that fits the grinder rather than the stuffer, and has a waxed paper roll underneath. With no attachments it is THE way to make sausage patties. 4" wide, 1/2" thick, already on waxed paper off the grinder. Cut the strip off at about 16", stack three more on top of it, and cut all four at once to individual patty size with the huge scissors that come wth the kit. You will have stacks of 4 individual 1/4# patties separated by waxed paper, ready for frying up or freezer wrap.

For jerky I prefer my jerky cannon to extrude the meat directly onto the dehydrator trays, rather than guessing at the right length to extrude from the gizmo and still having to get it onto the tray.

Comment

Working...
                        X