No announcement yet.

ice fishing!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just awesome!...Appreciate ya sharing the pic's.
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlap View Post
      I would say that looks like fun but there are conditions I just don't wanna fish in. Hurricanes being one and frozen lakes being the other.

Nice fish!!! Excellent looking dinner!!!
      Your going to have to try it sometime you'd love it'. nice pics looked like a great day.
      2-22.5'' weber
      1-18'' weber
      1 smokey joe
      22.5'' wsm
      24'' smoke vault
      1-outhouse
      Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
      Smoked meathead #135

Comment

If I ever move back to Minnesota I will pick it up. Till then I will stay in tropical climates for fishing
        "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
        PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

Beautiful fish, Erain!

If I ever move back to Minnesota I will pick it up. Till then I will stay in tropical climates for fishing
          At least they don't have to deal with sharks up there!
          Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
          Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
          1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
          Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
          Pink Thermapen
          Purple Thermapen

Comment

I like dealing with sharks! Can't wait for the shark fishing season to return!

Comment

Man that looks like fun!! Great pics E...
              jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Really nice fish E...but ya can keep the snow and ice!
                Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
                http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Capt View Post
                  Beer batter pike is one of my favorites. Did you filet with or without y-bones?
                  sorry no beer batter this time, was in a hurry to eat. no egg wash either. just flour in a baggy, added a bunch of garlic salt with parsley, and some cbp. fried in good ol butter with onions, served with garlic bread and store bought tarter sauce.

just left the y bones in, on a 29 inch fish they are so easy to pluck out it aint worth the hassle to me. not to mention this is really the only time of the year i will keep a pike for eating. have enough for another meal yet. released the rest.

I would say that looks like fun but there are conditions I just don't wanna fish in. Hurricanes being one and frozen lakes being the other.

Nice fish!!! Excellent looking dinner!!!
                  i can virtually guarantee you i could convert you!!! especially if you got turned onto some really good walleye fishing, and eating!!! the pike are a fun change a pace but for me its all about the walleye.

V, believe it or not theres 3 and a half feet of ice there, have to put an extension on your ice auger to make it thru. then figure in that its only 5-6 foot deep there. meaning you only fishing with actually 1.5-2 feet of water. how crazy is that!

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                  Beautiful fish, Erain!
                  At least they don't have to deal with sharks up there!
                  these and there cousins the musky are the freshwater sharks, once you see the teeth these guys have there aint no more riding around in the boat with your hand hangin over the side. i had one in canada jump fourfeet out of the water and grab a lure hanging from my fishing rod. i was talking to my b.i.l. who was in another boat at the time, what i would pay for a picture a that!!!

glad ya all enjoyed the pics, it was a blast!!!
                  Charbroil SFB
                  GOSM
                  MES
                  Dutch Ovens and other CI
                  Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                  Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                    i can virtually guarantee you i could convert you!!! especially if you got turned onto some really good walleye fishing, and eating!!! the pike are a fun change a pace but for me its all about the walleye.

i had one in canada jump fourfeet out of the water and grab a lure hanging from my fishing rod. i was talking to my b.i.l. who was in another boat at the time, what i would pay for a picture a that!!!
                    I would probably take it up if I moved back to Mn. I just tend to enjoy the florida weather. If I did move away from Florida it would probably be back to Minneapolis.

I bet that jumping musky was a sight. You would enjoy the tarpon, spinner shark and black tip sharks we have here. Nothing like the sight of a 180 lb tarpon 6 feet out of the water or and 8' spinner jumping and spinning wildly. Of course the fact they jump with my hook in their mouths makes it even batter!

Comment

Ice fishing is something I always wanted to try, but I guess I would have to move first. NO WAY it gets cold enough here for ice fishing.
                      Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
                      GOSM x 2
                      Vermont Casting Grill
                      Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

right now for me: ice fishing = searching for beer in ice filled cooler

Comment

That fish looks fantastic.
                          One of the FEW things I miss about living up north.
                          Ice fishing, northern pike, and pheasant.

Tom

Comment

Great looking fish Erain, both the cooked and the live. Those things are a blast through the ice. Well, anytime really.

sigpic
                            Brinkman SnP-w/mods
                            ECB
                            GOSM
                            MES for sticks and sausage
                            30 yr old Weber Kettle
                            Brinkman gasser

Comment

Working...
                            X