No announcement yet.

Can't wait until the next run!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can figure something out!!! Anything for you Mikey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DIPPER887 View Post
      So anyone that has any tips for smoking Salmon, and Lake Trout it would be greatly appreciated.
      I like to cure them. I assume ya talked to Andy about the curing stuff. But a kosher salt "dry rub" is another way to go. I use a 50/50 mix of brown sugar and kosher, with some CBP and onion powder. Sometimes a dash of soy sauce on first. Wrap in plastic wrap and "press" them in the fridge for 6-12 hours, remove and drain. Allow to "dry" (form a pellicle) on a rack then smoke. If not cured, be sure to use a hotter smoke... 200+. Cool smoked (140-ish) I have only done once, but it's great too.

As a mop I use white wine with dill, CBP and brown sugar.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

We can figure something out!!! Anything for you Mikey!!!

you the man!!!!!
        Mike
        Oklahoma City
        22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
        Weber 22.5 Performer
        GOSM 3405gw
        Boomer Sooner Drum
        Maverick ET-732
        Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
        A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Mind you it's going to replace that wood splitter you wanted for Christmas!!!

Comment

Mind you it's going to replace that wood splitter you wanted for Christmas!!!
            Mike
            Oklahoma City
            22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
            Weber 22.5 Performer
            GOSM 3405gw
            Boomer Sooner Drum
            Maverick ET-732
            Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
            A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Nice King Dipper, hard to tell the size cuz you have it so close, I'm guessing teens? The sprink kings have just started to show up here in Lk Mich. We have a great fishery in the se corner of the lake, and from now through june, 12-20 lb silver kings are a good bet for every cooler. The coho push is hit or miss these days, and they are tasty morsels, but the Kings are the brutes, especially in the spring.
              Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Your reading my mind Capt!!!! Can't wait for the Spring push!!! I booked the the 2nd weekend in May a few days ago. The Charter I go with is a retired Game Warden, and really know his way around. Never a problem with him finding the fish. ALWAYS A GOOD TIME!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X