Picture Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture Test

Anyone know how to post a picture with flickr? https://www.flickr.com/photos/153179563@N04/36114942081/in/dateposted-public/
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Bottom right there is an arrow to "share". I used the BBC option and copied it, comes out like this
    [IMG]100_0769 by Keith Leiter, on Flickr[/IMG]

Which is too much stuff so I deleted everything before the "https: and after the".jpg" and it comes out like this

There has to be an easier way, but bestest I could do?
    I don't use flickr soooo!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Thanks Mark. I'm just trying to find a host to replace PhotoBucket. Obviously I need something simple to operate.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

You have to use the embed code provided in Flickr. You sign in to your account go to the pic and click the arrow for more options. click on embed and copy the code, then paste the code where you want the pic to display.

I wouldn't put too much trust in Flickr. They are no longer owned by Yahoo. Yahoo was bought out by Verizon and if they do as they have in the past on everything, it won't be a free service for long. They like to charge for everything they can.
        Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim. I'll give that a try. Well now, that was pretty easy! Thanks again.

<script async="" src="https://widgets.flickr.com/embedr/embedr-4110feef4aefd18270192d8aeba3ff41.js"></script><script async="" src="https://embedr.flickr.com/assets/embedr-loader.js"></script><script async="" src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Looks like it's working for ya Keith...

ICEMAN got me using www.postimage.org

Cant believe I battled with PB for so many years...
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post

Thanks Craig. I'll check this out too. I haven't decided on any one host yet.
              Even after I do, I don't know how to get my pics from PhotoBucket transferred to another site.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post

Same here, both!
                Postimage is really easy to use.
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                  Thanks Craig. I'll check this out too. I haven't decided on any one host yet.
                  Even after I do, I don't know how to get my pics from PhotoBucket transferred to another site.
                  Depending on how many pics you had on PB it could take some time. As far as I know you couldn't move everything en masse from PB to another site, I could be mistaken.
                  Provided you have the space to do so, what you may have to do is open a new folder on your computer & slowly drag & drop the pics one by one to your new folder. Then after you find another site, you would have to upload them to the new site. Pretty much a pain in the bhut no matter how you look at it.
                  I only had aboot 20 or so pics on PB so it wasn't too bad for me.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                  Paul

Comment

I have thousands of Pics on PB, but I also still have them on my iMac, so I guess I can just ignore PB.
                    However I hesitate to move everything to another site, and then 6 months to a year from now the same thing happens.

I wish we had an easy to use Pic posting thingy on this Forum, so we could invest our Pics in the Forum, instead of some fly-by-night Money Maker Pic Site.

Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

As I have said, I host my own. Also, I have backups of all my photos. Be safe folks... backups are a must, especially in the "Free" whirled.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                        I have thousands of Pics on PB, but I also still have them on my iMac, so I guess I can just ignore PB.
                        However I hesitate to move everything to another site, and then 6 months to a year from now the same thing happens.

I wish we had an easy to use Pic posting thingy on this Forum, so we could invest our Pics in the Forum, instead of some fly-by-night Money Maker Pic Site.

Bear
                        You could always just use the "Attach Files" feature, Bear... It ain't really that hard.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                        Paul

Comment

I'm pretty sure I have all my pics in Kodak Easy Share so not too big a concern with losing them to Photo Bucket. Just thought it would be nice to be clear of that outfit.
                          sigpic
                          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                            I'm pretty sure I have all my pics in Kodak Easy Share so not too big a concern with losing them to Photo Bucket. Just thought it would be nice to be clear of that outfit.
                            Kodak Gallery(Easy Share 2011) was shut down on July 2, 2012. Photos were transferred to Shutterfly.

I hope you followed all the steps sent to you by Shutterfly back then needed to preserve your photos in a new Shutterfly account.

Pam had some vacation pics that were changed over to Shutterfly. Pics were there, but they were all stored in reduced sizes and no way to get the originals back or downloaded. Seemed like it took forever to download each pic to a file on the computer. That's when I realized the pics were stored at a reduced size.

It will be easier to download the pics from PB. At least they will be in there original sizes. Also your pics are not lost on PB. You can still see and download them, you just can't link them.

She learned her lesson about keeping a backup file of her pics.

Good luck
                            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                              You could always just use the "Attach Files" feature, Bear... It ain't really that hard.

I just tried that.
                              Is it only good for Thumbnails that have to be clicked on to see?

[ATTACH]27678[/ATTACH]

Bear
                              Attached Files
                              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                              X