TD'd Ribeye Sous Vide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD'd Ribeye Sous Vide

Time to try a nice ribeye, sous vide style. Here's the one I picked up for dinner Saturday.

Here it is, seasoned. The chef's seasonings are above (BC Big Bud on the right; Mango Kush on the left).

Seasoned with worshy, Tatonka Dust, coarse RealSalt sea salt, and ground 5-color pepper. Suck-vac'd and ready for the SVS.

Out of the SVS, before sear. Cooked at 134°F for 2 hours. All of the fat has rendered beautifully.

Plated (after a 1 minute sear per side over the Vortex), with seasoned brown rice (with Secret Aardvark habanero sauce), and Kung Pao tofu. Tried some wine. Back to beer. Rest of the wine's going in a pot roast or something. Too sweet for me.

'Twas tasty!
    Attached Files
    Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
    ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
    Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
    Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

That me friend, is the way it's done!! Excellent looking steak sir!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

That looks fantastic....
      keep showing steaks like that, I might have to get me one.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edster View Post
        That looks fantastic....
        keep showing steaks like that, I might have to get me one.
        Nice to see you posting again, Eddie! I just LOVED the Gates BBQ sauce!

With that awesome Wally World BBQ machine you've got, I can't imagine you wanting/needing anything else.
        Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
        ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
        Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)

Comment

Datz Nice Doins!
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Looks real good from here!!! Nice & Pink!!!

Or like George Foreman used to say, "My Favorite Color-----Meat !"

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

tofu with steak ????
              That's just weird - you can have some: 'hell, pass it over, I'll eat ANYTHING' for just admitting to having tofu in the house

Steak looks good
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

That is a fine looking steak right there!! Could go for that big time!
                Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                Yoder YS640
                Weber Genesis
                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                Weber Performer
                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  tofu with steak ????
                  That's just weird - you can have some: 'hell, pass it over, I'll eat ANYTHING' for just admitting to having tofu in the house

Steak looks good
                  The tofu was for (well, for me) dessert!

I was walking past the deli counter at New Frontiers after I'd picked up the ribeye and saw whatever it was in a Thai peanut sauce. Dessert, I thought! I actually got to really like tobu (Korean for tofu) when working in Korea. It takes flavors amazingly well.

I really did eat it last. It was delicious!

Comment

Working...
                  X