Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just can't help meself, sous vide and VORTEX! Hell to the yea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't help meself, sous vide and VORTEX! Hell to the yea!

Man, I'm in love with this Vortex and sous vide combo. Absolute perfection!!! I cooked boneless chops in the sous vide. I made an awesome smoked compound butter and used that with some baby taters and I have been craving grilled asparagus. I also made drunken apples. What a great dinner. The chops and asparagus got seared using the vortex on the Weber. The meat is so tender and I love the seared flavor of the asparagus.

The smoked compound butter has parsley, crushed peppercorns and coriander, crushed red pepper, preserved Meyer lemon, green onions, roasted garlic, fresh dill and fleur de sel. Then I used my Polyscience hand smoker and used apple wood to smoke it. I really enjoyed this meal. Still eatin' on it. Tossing back some red wine as well!

There she goes...AGAIN.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

looks excellent!

I gotta know, did you get the mess in place? (Mies en plas). Any time I cook, I really get the mess in place...some times I used every pot and pan in the whole damn house!
      BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
      Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
      I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Thats just awesome!
        sigpic

Comment

Looks good. Im curious about how some ribs would be
          sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
          Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
          Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Awesome Cheryl! I did a P loin last Sunday Sous Vide then vortex - awesome!
            You knocked that plate right out de paak!
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Well, I'd prolly hit that. Damn! As I said, you are truly an artist... Looks awesome as always Cheryl!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Oh yeah looking good once again!!
                Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                Yoder YS640
                Weber Genesis
                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                Weber Performer
                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

That looks soooo much better than a "souse vide" technique I just watched on YouTube......Thanks Bud.....ok.
                  Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Working...
                  X