Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Update !!!!!

Not really...

I have made this dish a few times since this posting and took the advice of Hippy in a pm he sent me. Being in a small Northern Minnesota town, we don't have fresh Gulf Coast shrimp. He said if you can, incorporate the shells into the dish to leach out more of the shrimpiness (is that a word). Well, for the most part, all shrimp sold here are pretty much shelled, except for the last part of the tail. What I have done on all the batches since, is remove the last little shell pieces and tail section, and toss them into a little over one cup of water and bring that to a boil, then simmer until I get to the part of the recipe where it calls for the addition of 4 cups of water. Then simply add 3 cups of water along with one cup of the water the shells/tails were boiled in. A noticeable difference. Instead of posting another thread on this, just thought I'd pass that along. Made a double batch of this Monday. By Wednesday, it was all gone
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
      Well, I don't eat scrimps onna counta I'm allergic But I sure would eat the rest of that dish. Looks amazing! Woohoo!
      Squirrel, thats the great thing about Jumbalaya you can add any meat you like. My wife says my Jumbalaya is busy, I use Sausage, Chicken, Shrimp, Crawfish and ham I love Cajun food lived down in South Louisiana for 6 months in 2004 and it really made my cooking better
      A Good Day is Outdoor Cookin and Drinkin Home Brew
      Homemade Barrel offset smoker/Grill
      55 gal UDS/BADS
      30 Gal UDS/BADS
      Weber 22.5 Kettle Grill
      about 8 other grills???
      BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 temp control

Comment

Being from S. Louisiana, it's amazing to see all the different versions of Jambalaya that people across the country use and adapt for their specific region. We are fortunate that we have fresh seafood readily available throughout the year. Also have access to the different types of sausage.
        Most store bought sausages are either too salty or peppery (black pepper). I would like to start making my own sausage one day.
        I love jambalaya and cook different versions, from chix & sausage to shrimp and seafood.
        The jambalaya's I make are brown instead of red. It's a personal preference.
        the seafood jambalaya is kind of a red version and it is damn good.
        It's great to see people across the country cooking cajun dishes.
        Stumps Baby
        Bubba Keg Convection Grill
        Digi Q
        Gasser with 4+ yrs of dust
        Custom end grain cutting board
        Superfast Yellow Thermapen
        18 " Smoke Vault
        12" AMNTS
        AMNPS
        Newbie beer brewer

Comment

Working...