questions for the CI crowd about flax seed oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gracoman View Post
    Knowing what I know now, I would opt for a quality carbon steel skillet. They are every bit as heavy duty as cast iron, function identically or better, should last several lifetimes, and have a cooking surface smooth as glass. A new Lodge CI skillet cannot hold a candle to one of these. I especially dislike the small handles. And yes, I am partial to deBuyer.

Trying to convince folks who have no experience with these pans is similar to trying to convince folks who have no experience with sous vide that it is a viable option

Picking up a vintage Griswold or Wagner is always a way to go but the reality is you won't find them on every street corner.
    You have me swaying toward trying the carbon steel... I've heard nothing but good aboot them. I've had my Griswolds and Wagners for years, and they perform beautifully. Butt, I am always seeking new tools...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I have had an interest in the steel pans for some time now...Just got no dollars to buy new toys...G-man has confirmed my thoughts that these pans are gonna do the job
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
        I have had an interest in the steel pans for some time now...Just got no dollars to buy new toys...G-man has confirmed my thoughts that these pans are gonna do the job
        Yup, they're a bit pricey. Butt, gonna take the leap some day...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Take a look here
          http://www.webstaurantstore.com/voll.../92258930.html

And here
          http://www.webstaurantstore.com/4706...-fry-pans.html
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I'm going to drag this bento bear "awwmelette" out again as a selling point on carbon steel, and to make you nutz . Never mind the bear. The omelet is a thin Japanese style omelet made in my 8" deBuyer carbon steel pan after one seasoning. This thin omelet, emphasis on thin, was the first thing I made with the 8". It is perfect and slid right out of the pan. The non stick properties of these pans is real.

sigpic
            Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
            -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
            -AMNPS
            -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
            gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

Originally posted by gracoman View Post
              I'm going to drag this bento bear "awwmelette" out again as a selling point on carbon steel, and to make you nutz . Never mind the bear. The omelet is a thin Japanese style omelet made in my 8" deBuyer carbon steel pan after one seasoning. This thin omelet, emphasis on thin, was the first thing I made with the 8". It is perfect and slid right out of the pan. The non stick properties of these pans is real.

That my friend, is awesome!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
              X