X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
    [COLOR="Red"][B]

ALX, please do. anything to help make things better. that is what I have always tried to do. I am new at this and have been taking it all in. so far so good. everything off the smoker is gobbled down with words uttered "good stuff, man this is great, the best I have ever eaten" I get encouraged with that and strive to do better.
    your garden sound sweet. and layering soils is key to any good gardening. that is what I am trying to do to my new garden. which seems to be on the back burner right now.
    thanks.
    O.K. Were you talking about gardening or barbeque....I can give my experiences.

The gardening is a bit like hunting/smoking. I can give you my experiences ........
    Last edited by ALX; 10-13-2009, 10:37 AM.

Comment

One thing to remember- comp ribs are NOT what I cook when I'm eating them. Dunno about others, but my tastes and impressing the judges are two different things.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Rich; Thanks for the xlnt tutorial & finely detailed pics.
        sigpic
        New Braunfels Bandera
        New Braunfels Hondo
        4-22.5" Weber Kettles
        1-26" Weber Kettle
        24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
        Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          One thing to remember- comp ribs are NOT what I cook when I'm eating them. Dunno about others, but my tastes and impressing the judges are two different things.
          Definetly Rich.If my sis was not involved-comp junkie- i would cater and grow my produce.

Sorry to highjack thread.That was a profesional as heck job on that trimming...
          Last edited by ALX; 10-13-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Great tutorial Rich. Very nicely done Sir...
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
              just shameless shots of hunky rub.... where's the beef?????
              HA ha ha!! That's what I was just thinking.

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
              Good job,
              Could you show me again.? I know alot of people think; look at al that waste. But it's not, the ribs are much better and just look at what you can do with the trimmings. The last time I trimmed four slabs here, I ended up with 3.5 pounds of clean ( after trimming trimmings) Trimmings hmmm. Made 2 real nice fatties out of it. And I want to thank you and Capt. Dan for all the trimmings from the 10 slabs from the Flushing rib burn. I see Sausage, Fatties and some fresh ground pork for a big mess of potstickers in the near future.
              Lee, if you read this, please post your recipe and method.

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
              Great tutorial Rich. Very nicely done Sir...
              DITTO!! Zeeker said it all. Great job Rich. to you sir. My only advice? Next time get a real rack off a real hog and leave them little New Mexican hogs in, well...............New Mexico.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                My only advice? Next time get a real rack off a real hog and leave them little New Mexican hogs in, well...............New Mexico.
                Not suprisingly...those were pretty representative of the "$1.49/Lb. Spares" I picked up from Kroger last week

Ya get what ya pay for I guess eh?
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Rich, excellent post/tutorial. Your followthrough with the pics are well planned out also. Thanks bro.
                  GOSM Big Block
                  Weber 22 1/2 in. grill
                  Brinkman all-in-one charcoal and gas
                  Pepperhead Award posthumously-

Miss you Rich- How's the ABT's up there?

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    Not suprisingly...those were pretty representative of the "$1.49/Lb. Spares" I picked up from Kroger last week

Ya get what ya pay for I guess eh?
                    If you find good ribs-send them to me.I hate this mutant crud out there...

Excellent tutorial.Professional JOB!!!!

Comment

OK Tom Sure will, I am assuming the potstickers as it was in bold.

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                      HA ha ha!! That's what I was just thinking.

Lee, if you read this, please post your recipe and method.

DITTO!! Zeeker said it all. Great job Rich. to you sir. My only advice? Next time get a real rack off a real hog and leave them little New Mexican hogs in, well...............New Mexico.

Comment

Nice tut there Rich..... I don't think I have any knives THAT sharp!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          Nice tut there Rich..... I don't think I have any knives THAT sharp!
                          A chain saw works well, just be sure to use goggles!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJoeBob View Post
                            A chain saw works well, just be sure to use goggles!
                            Hmm I have never pulled pork THEN smoked it...interesting...

Comment

Good Job!

Comment

Working...
                              X