Stickin' it to Da Man like a boss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickin' it to Da Man like a boss...

Happened to be in my local Wally World for some 21.5" grill grates for my UDS builds as they were available for $6.66 (Yeah, that price creeps me out too) and could be picked up in-store. I asked a clerk to scan one for me as they were not tagged with a price on the shelves, then took one to the registers to double-check it as he told me $14.97 which indeed was correct.

I asked the department manager "what gives?" and he shared with me that any item found on Walmart .com that has a lower price has to be honored at any brick 'n mortar location if it is available there. If it is currently out of stock but part of the store's regular inventory they are obliged to give you a rain check on those items. Perhaps this is common knowledge but I was certainly unaware of it.

As UPC and product coding can vary from state to state and even store to store, he also told me all they need to match is the manufacturer and type of item as being the same or very similar to honor online pricing.

So I spent about 10 minutes on my phone checking out prices for 5 other items and sure enough they ended up honoring the lower online price every time. You need to be sure to have each item loaded on a separate page (I use a mobile Chrome browser) and show it to the cashier as each item is being scanned. I saved myself around $31 by doing this.

Be warned though that on 2 other items the in-store price was lower so this does not always work to your benefit. In both cases the actual seller was not Walmart but an associated retailer that Walmart may use to stock an item as available online.
    ==============

Drinking is like playing golf... you'd best be prepared to play every club in your bag.

Steve the Bartender

There are no bad briskets... only poorly executed ones.

Steve the Food Man

Go get 'em brother
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X