• Show
Clear All

• Mini WSM with mods .....& rotis

First off I leaned real hard on these two threads,
    http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32753
    &
    http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32439

Big thanks to Sam3 and dirtsailor2003
    I cut out the bottom then cut louvers in the lid and screwed it on to the bottom. The thought is to have a diffusion plate and to create some circulation.

Then I took the rotisserie portion off of a Farberware Electric rotis. Attached the mounts and drilled 3/8" holes to match.

Sorry, I fergot to rotis these two.

Little thin blue onna test burn. Ya can also see the flaps I cut out to close the rotis holes when rotis not in use.

Gotta test is oot so I picked up this chuck roast..... I swear it was a chuck roast when I bought it.... but it said London Broil when it came out the fridge Just Add Beef the rub, just that!

In it goes! Burnin RO and buttonwood. I had to add a couple wood skewers to keep the sides from floppin.

Gettin right. To start ya gotta close top and bottom vents, will sky to 400° quick. Once it burns off the extra O2 I opened the top and cracked the bottom. After it settles in, it's easy to control. I'm runnin 225° - 250°. I opened it up to 300° then brought it right back down to 225°.

Done, went to 139° int, little higher than I wanted but I was workin on the yard same time.

Little slice action.

And plated. That the drippins from the pie plate fer sauce.
    Last edited by Mark R; 11-28-2020, 09:49 AM.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

OK Mark...I love the idea...butt...
    How the hell do you get it in place with the meat already on the spinner...I'm not seeing it...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

That's pretty cool Mark! Good looking plate
      ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
        OK Mark...I love the idea...butt...
        How the hell do you get it in place with the meat already on the spinner...I'm not seeing it...
        The handle unscrews from the other side next to the part that goes on the support.
        Take the handle off, slide it in, put the handle back on from the outside.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Like it real good
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
            The handle unscrews from the other side next to the part that goes on the support.
            Take the handle off, slide it in, put the handle back on from the outside.
            OK...

Glad ya got all yer fingers after cutting and bending all that metal...
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
              OK...

Glad ya got all yer fingers after cutting and bending all that metal...
              Gloves, right angle grinder, pliers!
              Mark
              sigpic

Comment

Looks good
                Jim

Comment

nice lil' unit.........
                  sigpic
                  it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Looks Great Mark!!

I know Case (Dirtsailor) loves his, so I'll bet you got a Winner there!!!

Nice Job!---

Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I like it!
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Mark has a mod coming...
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          Mark has a mod coming...
                          I din say nuttin bout nuttin............................................ ..........yet.
                          Mark
                          sigpic

Comment

As usual you folks are an inspiration,,,,,,

Comment

Fixed the links....
                              Postimage, had to change .org to ,cc
                              I thought they did that.
                              Mark
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X