Flax oil...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oil99 View Post
    What world did I just stumble into... Hilarious love this thread and cast iron rocks. Never would this guy consider motor oil but to each their own. And in cooking, BBQ and smoking I say do what works best for you. From my understanding EVOO has a low smoke point so burns and also can mold if left for long periods whereas Canola, grape, Flax don't. But who waits that long to use there iron again anyway. The bummer with Flax is it spoils so if you don't use it it does supposedly go bad. But we use microwaves, Tupperware, plastic water bottles and cell phones the size of bricks so I think there are bigger things to sweat than a bottle of bad Flax. Remember when a phone the size of a brick was bad? Then you wanted a small one? Off topic... Cheers!
    Thanks for the best post yet...And welcome to Smoked-Meat...
    I think yer gonna fit in just fine...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

What world did I just stumble into... Hilarious love this thread and cast iron rocks. Never would this guy consider motor oil but to each their own. And in cooking, BBQ and smoking I say do what works best for you. From my understanding EVOO has a low smoke point so burns and also can mold if left for long periods whereas Canola, grape, Flax don't. But who waits that long to use there iron again anyway. The bummer with Flax is it spoils so if you don't use it it does supposedly go bad. But we use microwaves, Tupperware, plastic water bottles and cell phones the size of bricks so I think there are bigger things to sweat than a bottle of bad Flax. Remember when a phone the size of a brick was bad? Then you wanted a smaller one? Now? Off topic sorry... Come zombie apocalypse we'll all be using motor oil to season and clean our pans. Cheers!

My point, if it works, do it....

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

If were gonna do motor oil, I'd use Penzoil, ain't no good in a motor, but might do alright on cast!

Check fer regular lard in yalls dairy section. They come in a one pound box sorta like butter.
        sigpic

Comment

What world did I just stumble into... Hilarious love this thread and cast iron rocks. Never would this guy consider motor oil but to each their own. And in cooking, BBQ and smoking I say do what works best for you. From my understanding EVOO has a low smoke point so burns and also can mold if left for long periods whereas Canola, grape, Flax don't. But who waits that long to use there iron again anyway. The bummer with Flax is it spoils so if you don't use it it does supposedly go bad. But we use microwaves, Tupperware, plastic water bottles and cell phones the size of bricks so I think there are bigger things to sweat than a bottle of bad Flax. Remember when a phone the size of a brick was bad? Then you wanted a smaller one? Now? Off topic sorry... Come zombie apocalypse we'll all be using motor oil to season and clean our pans. Cheers!
          from Kentucky!
          Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
          Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
          1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
          Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
          Pink Thermapen
          Purple Thermapen

Comment

Thank you all it's great to stumble into all this knowledge... and humour. Beer and rums are cold from the Great White North And Western Canada

Comment

Working...
            X