No announcement yet.

Enameled cast iron...anyone have a little advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a blue oblong with some kind of rubber silcone high temp handle on the lid, it has Rachel Ray's name on it.I have had it for 4 years its great, cover fit great and you can throw a pot roast in it and slow cook it on the range top. I have seen some round ones for around 30bucks at Sam's club but we all where they all are made..
    sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
    members mark upright propane smoker
    kingsford bbq
    23"weber kettle

Comment

I just dont understand enameled covered cast iron....

But thats just me....
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tee2 View Post
        Just got an email from America’s Test Kitchen and there is a review on Dutch Ovens. My wife and I got a cooking class for a birthday gift. My first hands on with LeCrueset and boy was I impressed. If you watch any of the cooking shows there is only one thing you see on ALL the shows... LeCrueset. I even like how Emeril uses LeCrueset even though he has his own line of cookware. That said wow the price It's going to be awhile before I get one.

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/equi...code=L0KN3AA00
        I have 4 LeCrueset pans plus a couple of their baking dishes. They are incredible to cook with. They will stain after a while but they still cook well. I buy mine at the LeCrueset outlet store. I buy seconds at 1/2 the price sometimes even less.

Here is a link to the outlet stores
        http://www.lecreuset.com/nl-be/Stores/
        Scarbelly

Comment

I bought a lodge one 2 years ago...I love it. One thing I have learned is not to let the kids wash it, they chip. Very even heat and with the very porous cast iron from china enamel cover is the only way to go. They definitely don't make them like they use to. Lid fit is great and it is a pretty good product. I guess it sounds like a hard choice either send money to the chinese or to the un-grateful and anti-american french
          Jerod
          GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
          sigpic

Comment

I have had one of the Lodge Enameled cast iron dutch ovens for probably 5 or 6 years. Absolutely love it and use it all the time. It is a well made, reasonably priced product wherever it is made.
            A few of my favorite things:
            Good Whiskey
            Good Food
            Bad Girls
            sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
            Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
              I just dont understand enameled covered cast iron....

But thats just me....
              Not just you. Me too.

Weighs two tons, enamel chips, not non-stick, not easy to keep clean, -----.

Pretty, colorful, yes.

dcarch

Comment

I have several Fontignac. They are French made, pricey, but I have beat the hell out of them over the years but they still look brand new. I say worth the investment
                sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Dont put it in the dishwasher!
                  sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
                  Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
                  Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Originally posted by Charcuteryan View Post
                    Dont put it in the dishwasher!
                    Enamel, why not?
                    All of my CI is either Griswold or Wanger and all "vintage". Enamel , I thought that was the point of enamel CI?
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                      Enamel, why not?
                      All of my CI is either Griswold or Wanger and all "vintage". Enamel , I thought that was the point of enamel CI?
                      The enamel on mine turned all frosted. Maybe its the water, or temp
                      sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
                      Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
                      Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Working...
                      X