Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th Annual Rock'n Ribs BBQ Festival

http://www.rocknribs.com/home.cfm

This takes place at Bass Pro Shops in Springfield, MO. and is a “Kansas City BBQ Society” sanctioned event.

I have a question for any of you that have competed in these.
    Is $325.00 a normal entry fee for a 20X20 booth with a 10x10 tent, 4 chairs, 2 tables' access to water & electric and 2 XL festival T-shirts (not that an XL would fit me)?
    It's too late to enter this years event, but if someone cancels, then I'm in.

Tom

Yep that the going cost, I have seen some up around 500 bones..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Sigh... they should pay US for coming. But...I have paid $225 and seen more. Do tey provide the meat for that? Prolly not.

Grumble. I can cook most anywhere FREE- but ya don't get a pretty ribbon. For what that's worth.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

wow - the people cooking pay to be there, the people visiting the people cooking pay to be there ($10 each) and I'm guessing the visitors buy food off the cookers ? (well that at least makes sense).

We're in the wrong business lol

Just from entry fees they're raising $19,500

On the other hand it's a charity event - so at least it's for a good cause.
        But still a good earner.

Good luck if you get a spot gunny :-)
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
          I'm guessing the visitors buy food off the cookers ? (well that at least makes sense).
          If I understand it correctly, the teams must provide free sample for the public.

This is an excerpt from the site.
          Pertinent Information

Set up times: Thursday 6pm and Friday 8am-3pm. All cars MUST be off the lot by 3pm on Friday.

*Please note that all teams will be required to cook for the public sampling on Saturday. This will take place from 1-5pm.
          All teams have the option of cooking for the public on Friday night at the VIP Preview party.

Tom

Comment

lmao - so you pay $325 and then have to give your food away ?
            And the organisers charge people to come eat the food that you paid the same organisers to cook ?

Okay it's a charity event - but come on. Rich is right the bbq cooks should not have to pay or at the least the food you cook for samples should be included in the entry price.
            Bring your own for the comp itself - but for that money the organisers really ought to provide the give-away meat.
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

As far as the entry fee, I just laid down $250 for the Pork in the Park, which is a KCBS sanctioned event. I am VERY surprised that the competitors are obligated to serve the public. We are NOT allowed to pass out free samples or sell to the general public. I would guess that the event has insurance in place, and the food police are policing the cooking areas...?

Maybe that's why the entry fee is higher than here... I dunno... I'm new to this gig...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
              X