No announcement yet.

Chaud-froid d’Oeuf au Sirop d’Érable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd eat one if someone gave one to me and I appreciate you posting this but, for eggs, ain't nobody got time for all of that.

Soft boiled, over easy, or scrambled and I'm good.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
      Did you make your own crème fraìche?
      The pre made stuff is outrageously expensive. How to make crème fraìche: Add buttermilk to heavy cream

Okay you peasants I get it. Don't be messin wit my eggs. Scrambled or over easy

The only thing part of this soft boiled egg yolk dish that takes any time is removing the membrane from the inside of the egg shell. Even that goes reasonably fast if the empty shells are submerged in simmering water first to loosen them

I found out a long time ago that you don't know if you don't go. Every time you get out of your comfort zone, do a little exploring, you learn a little bit more. I was floating yolk filled eggshells in simmering water for 3 minutes. Who'd a thunk? The look on my guest's faces made this rather simple preparation well worth the extra few minutes

Hot, cold, bitter, rich, sour, and sweet all in one spoon elevate this simple dish to extraordinary

I probably will never serve scrambled eggs as an appetizer. Maybe over easy
      sigpic
      Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
      -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
      -AMNPS
      -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
      gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

Don't get me/us wrong.

I give you a lot of credit for doing this. You don't know until you try. You made the effort so two thumbs up, seriously.

And yes, I am a peasant :)
        Pete
        Large BGE
        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Personally I'd love to try them...if I found a restaurant to make them to your standards, that is. Wonder if they could crumble some bacon in there too? Hmmm...
          BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
          Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
          I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
            Don't get me/us wrong.

I give you a lot of credit for doing this. You don't know until you try. You made the effort so two thumbs up, seriously.

And yes, I am a peasant :)
            Bwahahahaaaaa!

I've been hanging around here long enough to know who you guys and gals are. That's why I play here.

Folks can like, dislike, or generally be indifferent to the things I post. None of that matters. Its only photographs with a few lines of drivel attached so I take it all in stride. This darned thing could taste like rotted fish for all viewers know so you just have to take my word for it when I say its better than that.

What does matter to me is when folks have an opinion on subject they know nothing about. Kinda like having an opinion about a book you've never read, or a movie you haven't seen, or a course you haven't taken. How could anyone here possibly know how much time this took to prepare, or whether or not it the final product was worth it? This is a cooking forum is it not? Why is an egg unworthy of some added attention? What does the time of preparation have to do with this one simple egg dish that is so ingenious it took the high end restaurant world by storm?

I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. It ain't much but its all I've got.
            sigpic
            -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
            -AMNPS
            gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

Originally posted by gracoman View Post
              Bwahahahaaaaa!

I've been hanging around here long enough to know who you guys and gals are. That's why I play here.
              Heh..well..there ya go. All eloquence, pomp and circumstance aside... I enjoy the unfamiliar stuff as well as a nice brisket or a pretty rib.

And here I almost went and got some cutting discs for my Dremel
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by gracoman
                Nice
                In case you missed the irony
                sigpic
                -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
                -AMNPS
                gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

Originally posted by gracoman View Post
                  Niece
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks fantastic! I may give this a try sometime when I have some time. Creme Fraiche is really really good, so I learned to make my own a long time ago. It is extremely expensive when and if you can find it that is.
                    A few of my favorite things:
                    Good Whiskey
                    Good Food
                    Bad Girls
                    sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
                    Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

Nicely done. Looks delicious

Comment

Working...
                      X