Any plumbers out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any plumbers out there?

I wanna add another faucet on the outside of my garage, gonna come off right below this faucet and go through the wall right there but i was thinking I might as well run another one about 40' down to the back of the house and attach it to the house. Just wonder what size pipe I should run? I will only run one at a time so I am wondering if 1/2" will work and is there a flexible piping i can use to make it easier to bury and run, gonna be plant water only. Thanks.

I'm not a plumber, but I do have some plumbers crack.
    Oh I couldn't resist.......

Rest assured Pandy, someone will square you away here shortly....
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

when it comes to plumbing...I make a great carpenter

Sorry...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Calling Smoke Doc... He is a Master Plumber.
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Im with you on the crack, thats all i have too, aint purdy

Comment

Im thinking I can use that black plastic pipe for the underground run like you use for irrigation?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
              I wanna add another faucet on the outside of my garage, gonna come off right below this faucet and go through the wall right there but i was thinking I might as well run another one about 40' down to the back of the house and attach it to the house. Just wonder what size pipe I should run? I will only run one at a time so I am wondering if 1/2" will work and is there a flexible piping i can use to make it easier to bury and run, gonna be plant water only. Thanks.
              You should be fine with 1/2" line. Copper line comes in 'hard drawn' sticks & 'soft drawn' coils. Head over to HD or Lowe's & pick up a coil of soft drawn. You should be fine burying it as long as your soil is not too acidic otherwise you would need to wrap it. Not gonna' be cheap with copper prices these days. Hope that helps.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                You should be fine with 1/2" line. Copper line comes in 'hard drawn' sticks & 'soft drawn' coils. Head over to HD or Lowe's & pick up a coil of soft drawn. You should be fine burying it as long as your soil is not too acidic otherwise you would need to wrap it. Not gonna' be cheap with copper prices these days. Hope that helps.
                No as you see I have pvc so why would I want to go to copper? Its not drinking water so i wanna stay cheap and I dont see why i would change to copper?
                Also i can just come off existing spigot so i wont have to drain system, might be easier

Comment

Apologies. I saw the copper pipe presumed thats the way you wanted to go. Oops.
                  In that case, go with schedule 40 pvc. Its thicker & less likely to break or split.

My --->
                  Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                    Apologies. I saw the copper pipe presumed thats the way you wanted to go. Oops.
                    In that case, go with schedule 40 pvc. Its thicker & less likely to break or split.
                    Oh, no copper pipe there must be the red air hose oops

Comment

The only thing I know about plumbing is a flush beats a full house...
                      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                        Oh, no copper pipe there must be the red air hose oops
                        Thats what I get for being colorblind.

My --->
                        Paul

Comment

Thanks guys lol I guess ill head up to lowes and my fate will be in the idiots hands that work there haah or myself

Comment

OK Since my buddy is not answering his text messages I will help..

You should stay with 3/4" pipe.. 1/2" will work but you will not have good pressure.. The least expensive route is Sch 40 you can find a thinner wall PVC, but I would stay with the 40. If you are wanting roll pipe, you can use PEX Pipe.. Good stuff easy to use.. A bit more $$ but worth it.. They call it SharkBite at Home Depot..

Let me know if you need any more help..
                            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                              OK Since my buddy is not answering his text messages I will help..

You should stay with 3/4" pipe.. 1/2" will work but you will not have good pressure.. The least expensive route is Sch 40 you can find a thinner wall PVC, but I would stay with the 40. If you are wanting roll pipe, you can use PEX Pipe.. Good stuff easy to use.. A bit more $$ but worth it.. They call it SharkBite at Home Depot..

Let me know if you need any more help..
                              Thanks Ken, damn was hoping 1/2 would work but probably better in case later I decide to add some sprinkler heads off of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X