Chaud-froid d’Oeuf au Sirop d’Érable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaud-froid d’Oeuf au Sirop d’Érable

Perhaps the world's most famous egg dish which has since been modified a dozen different ways is Alain Passard's Chaud-froid d’Oeuf au Sirop d’Érable.
    An amuse-bouche better known as the Arpège Egg.

Top raw eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Remove the white membrane lining the shell and replace yolks.
    Save the whites for another use.

Float the yolk filled shell in simmering water for three minutes. The yolk will be set around the edge but still liquid in the middle.

Season the yolks with salt, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and white pepper

Top the yolks with fresh chives and crème fraìche seasoned with salt and sherry vinegar.
    Add a few drops of maple syrup and garnish with chives and a few grains of freshly cracked black pepper.

I liked this so much I had another

Dip your egg spoon through all of the layers for a taste of hot richness, salt, spicy, sour, bitter, cold, and sweet all in one bite.

If I haven't convinced you, perhaps this will
    sigpic
    Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
    -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
    -AMNPS
    -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
    gizmos and hornswaggles

I have to admit this seems really cool but being just a good ol' Texan this seems like a lot of work.. I guess I need to find a way to extend my pallet on eggs from just Jalapeno Pickled Eggs and Omelets..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I considered flying to Paris, making reservations at Arpège, and paying Chef Passard to prepare one of these eggs for me but decided to stay at home and make it myself for the price of a half dozen organic free range eggs and some fresh chives.

Worked out pretty well
      sigpic
      -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
      -AMNPS
      gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

I'm with Th, but how the heck do you get the shells to crack that way?

I may give it a whirl but I have never been able to crack an egg anything but scrambled.....

Comment

Yeah... think I’ll stick with over easy. I’d starve before I got egg tops off like that
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            Yeah... think I’ll stick with over easy. I’d starve before I got egg tops off like that
            Rich... a Dremel tool.

Wow, the egg looks yummy!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

While it looks very elegant, scrambled for me please. Never been a fan of runny eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
                I'm with Th, but how the heck do you get the shells to crack that way?

I may give it a whirl but I have never been able to crack an egg anything but scrambled.....
                I used an egg topper
                sigpic
                -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
                -AMNPS
                gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

That looks really Neat !!

And Tasty!!

However it looks like even more of a PITA than eating Crab Legs!

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I think the hesitation here is caused by a bit of confusion as to what this dish really is. The Arpège egg is an elegant appetizer, an amuse-bouche. Not breakfast.
                    sigpic
                    -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
                    -AMNPS
                    gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

Now I get it.....An appetizer for breakfast. Ya start with the little eggs with little spoons and then move on to the real deal.....

I knew I hung out with you guys for a reason.

Just kidding. I bet I get one of them fancy egg toppers as a birthday gift. If not I will buy my wife one for Labor Day.

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
                        I bet I get one of them fancy egg toppers as a birthday gift. If not I will buy my wife one for Labor Day.
                        If you have trouble with wandering shell fragments falling into your eggs, the Rosle egg topper may become a well used tool after you get the hang of it.
                        sigpic
                        -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
                        -AMNPS
                        gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

I understand what it is. Did you make your own crème fraìche? I'm sure they're good, but I just don't think it's worth the time involved to make them. I could see it for a catered dinner party or a restaurant, but not at home. JMHO

Besides it's hard to get fine enough cutting blades for my egg topper.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by gracoman View Post
                            I think the hesitation here is caused by a bit of confusion as to what this dish really is. The Arpège egg is an elegant appetizer, an amuse-bouche. Not breakfast.

That's Out---No Way!!

I can't eat with my Pinky in the air!!

Bear
                            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                              zackly!
                              Sunset Eagle Aviation
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                              X