Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks Jim & Pam For The Awesome Roaster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Jim & Pam For The Awesome Roaster!

My first cook never got posted. Not because it wasn't good, just because I find this posting thing to be a pain in the arse! So, this is my second cook in the new roaster and I still find this posting thing to be a pain in the arse! And that's even with Craig doing all the picture juggling act for me. For crying out loud, if he didn't do that y'all would never hear from me. OK, no more whining.

So, we found a great sale on brisket from Wally World. Not graded, but at $1.30 p/lb. it managed to jump into our cart. Craig thought it was his, (both of them, mind you), but I had other designs. One brisket hijacked for the thrill of using my new roaster without having to do the foil tent like I always felt I had to do in my old pans. Here we go!

No pic of the original packer this came from, but here is the trimmed of fat and point beautiful brisket, (another thing Craig does for me), in my wonderful new roaster. Since he's also the photographer, he takes artistic liberties as well. How'd those peppers get in my brisket thread?

And so we begin

Extremely simple cook! Someone told me about this years ago and we still love it to this day. That is if I can manage to hijack a brisket from the smoker once in a blue moon! Simply seasoned with salt, pepper and Lipton Beefy Onion soup mix. Added a small amount of water and placed in oven at 225 degrees for 8 hours.

Just out of the oven.

Sliced and ready for plating.

That's what I'm sayin!

Thanks for lookin' and thanks again to Jim and Pam for the opportunity to win this roaster.

I would not mind a plate of that a’tall Have used the onion soup for years on pot roasts. I’ve gone over to diced onion and JAB recently tho. If you wanna do a comparison I’d be happy to send a sample
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Game on! Send me JAB, I will hijack second packer, Craig will divorce me or kill me, or, if I'm not dead, I will post again.

Comment

I could et me a plate O dat!
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Awesome...
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that brisket (whole plate as far as that goes). Have some oven brisket .
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Good Lord! That looks amazing!
              sigpic

Comment

That is a delicious looking dinner. I could eat a big plate of that.

Sort of reminds me of a modified Jewish or Grand Mothers oven brisket.

I'm glad you're putting the roaster to good use.
                Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Analog Girl View Post
                  Wow, that's a plate full of yummyness right there! Awesome looking brisket!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Thanks Jim and Pam for an awesome brisket cooked in your awesome roaster...
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X