Brisket Flat on the UDS - PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisket Flat on the UDS - PICS

I just finished my UDS on Friday (8/20), so I had to throw a brisket on for it’s maiden voyage. I wanted to try the in-the-pan method this time, so I set a roasting rack inside the pan to hold it off the bottom. I definitely noticed the bark wasn’t the same, as well as the smoke ring. Still had plenty of smokey taste though. I had my first experience with the dreaded stall. This has never happened since I usually run my briskets at 250 degrees, or else I’ve just been lucky this far.

Meat: Brisket (flat) 4.45 lbs
    Rub: Three Little Pigs – Memphis Style
    Injection: Beef Broth and Dales Steak Seasoning
    Spritz: Beef Broth, Dales Steak Seasoning, Turbinado Sugar (every half hour)
    Smoker: UDS #2
    Fuel: Kingsford Comp/El Sahuaro Lump/Peach Wood Chunks
    Temp: 225
    Duration: 6.5 hours (stalled in the 140’s for 2.5 hours)

I'll take one and a cold beer please
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

I think i'm goin back to the grill surface on the next one. The bark is essential

Comment

Look's allright to me!....Get some tater salad on & i'll be there!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Looks gooood to me too! Butts always stall, it's when the connective tissue gets broken down. Mine usually stall at about 150.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
          X