Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
    Well maybe it's time to find some butcher paper and cook a brisket
    Go to your local market, visit the meat department, and ask for it. I have done that several thymes, and they just gave it to me!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
      Go to your local market, visit the meat department, and ask for it. I have done that several thymes, and they just gave it to me!
      Yeah because I dont need a 1000 foot roll
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Not much to add to the previous discussion except my observation on the following.

Originally posted by branden77 View Post
        I really like the way Franklin cooks his brisket so I am going to try and replicate the way he does his. I do not have any butcher paper on hand so, hopefully unwaxed parchment will suffice.
        If you want to replicate something then replicate it. Don't do substitutions and hopefullys.
        CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
        UDS 1.0
        Afterburner
        Weber Performer
        Blue Thermapen
        Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
        Auber Smoker Controller
        Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
        -
        "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
          Yeah because I dont need a 1000 foot roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice fellas! Going to update with pics when I get a chance. Going to head to the store and see if I can score some butcher paper for when it's time to wrap!

Comment

Amazon sells 150' lengths but it's overpriced for the convenience. It also comes in an 18" width.
              sigpic
              Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
              -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
              -AMNPS
              -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
              gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

Originally posted by gracoman View Post
                IMO butcher paper is superior to foil for those who wrap. Wrapping itself is somewhat dependent upon what cooker you use and how experienced you are with it. I use a ceramic which helps quite a bit in the moisture retention department so am comfortable without the wrap if I'm feeling lazy. Craig, I think you will see a better result by using a butcher paper wrap with your Longhorn but there's only one way to find out.

FWIW, butcher paper also works well with ribs for those who like to wrap those.

I know of one bbq products retailer who sells short lengths of the now famous Texas pink butcher paper for those who want to try it without buying a lifetime supply. I don't know what he charges but I'm sure it's too much. Its paper for Pete's sake.

I agree with MrZip66's recommendation for wrapping with foil or paper if this is a first attempt. It is good insurance but beware of pot roasting the thing.
                I was kind of worried about the wrapping part with butcher paper, but now that I have seen the video I think it might be easier than foil. Paper doesn't crinkle and tear as easy as foil.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sMIlyzRFUjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I suppose one COULD use a paper large HD grocery bag..unprinted..with the bottom cut out? Me..I just pan ‘em if I do anything any more.
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

**Update**
                    Just checked the brisket at the 3 hr mark, looking really good! It's hit the stall right now, going to wait till after the stall to wrap.

Comment

I am really digging this igrill2 right now, get to sit in the a/c and watch what the pit and brisket are doing from my phone!👍

Comment

Don’t be afraid to wrap it at 160. And make it liquid tight. Pan and cover it is easiest. Or double HD 18” foil.
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Final product! Turned out amazing for my first brisket!

Comment

See? Now we gotta work on your beer selection. That brisket transcends it

Bravo!

Comment

First time Brisket!!

Had to rush the rest time, only rested for an hour due to hungry family lol. Next time going to rest longer. BTW unwaxed parchment paper worked really well for wrapping. Couldn't get my hands on any butcher paper

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                                See? Now we gotta work on your beer selection. That brisket transcends it

Bravo!

Lol, I usually don't drink Lone Star Beer but for some reason every time I eat good bbq I have to have one with it. I guess it's the Texan in me lol

Comment

Working...
                                X