• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boneless beef short ribs

Any creative ideas on preparing?

Ready?

Go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep it simple. Chunk up an onion or two. Put them in a foil pan. Put the ribs on top seasoned the way you want. I'd go salt pepper garlic powder. Smoke those uncovered at 200-225° for an hour or so. Then add a can of decent beer, and cover with tin foil. Let them braise in the beer, onion beef juice for about 3 hrs. Check temp if those bad boys are 195° or higher enjoy! If you don't like the beer idea use BBQ sauce.

Comment

Marinade
      1/2c each ketchup, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and sherry
      1/4c Brown sugar
      1t each sesame oil, ground ginger, onion powder,Chinese 5 spice, and garlic powder
      1/2t cayenne powder
      Let them soak in this for 24 hours. Throw them on Smoker using orange spiced tea bags as smoke(or smoke with whatever the hell you want). Take sauce and boil to reduce a bit. baste short ribs twice with the sauce.
      sigpic

Comment

Tatonka Dust/Just Add Beef, smoke to 165ish, foil em with liquid, or let em finish withoot. Coffee rub and some sugar after unfoiling, or at aboot 165ish until tender. I did some bone in Dino's last week unfoiled that way with no foil that were delicious. Good Luck!
        sigpic

Comment

Y'all play hard. Thanks for the great ideas. Beer braised gets the nod

Comment

You can always give my "Smoked Beef Dino Ribs" method a try:
            http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40866

Bear
            Last edited by Bearcarver; 05-02-2017, 10:06 AM.
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

About to put these bad boys in the MES. And the beer that will be added later. Plan was for an earlier start but I had other more important pressing matters. I was napping.

Comment

Originally posted by strength_and_power View Post
                About to put these bad boys in the MES. And the beer that will be added later. Plan was for an earlier start but I had other more important pressing matters. I was napping.

And after nap time we usually open a beer and light the smoker
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                  And after nap time we usually open a beer and light the smoker
                  Then eat the food then take another nap.

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                    Then eat the food then take another nap.

I can get onboard with this

Comment

The end result:

Quite awesome. Sadly, that entire pan is barely three meals

Comment

Looks fantastic to me, but then you used my idea so yep it is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                          Looks fantastic to me, but then you used my idea so yep it is fantastic.
                          I’da been right there too. Newcastle Brown would have been my only other addition.
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                            I’da been right there too. Newcastle Brown would have been my only other addition.

There will be a next time for sure. Larger quantities for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                              You can always give my "Smoked Beef Dino Ribs" method a try:
                              https://www.sousvidesupreme.com/en-u...mperatures.htm

Bear

I couldn't in good conscience put these remotely close to the Dino rib category. I'm going to look into getting a whole rib and cutting them down like you did. Soon I will have a small chest freezer available so that will open some options

Comment

Working...
                              X