Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I soak my wood in cider ... just not nearly as often as i used to
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

If you want wine/borubon taste to your chips to try and impart a flavor other than the wood you can get pellets, chips, and chunks made up from casks that stored wine or bourbons.
      Charbroil SFB
      GOSM
      MES
      Dutch Ovens and other CI
      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post
        I soak my wood in cider ... just not nearly as often as i used to
        The good ol' daze...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
          If you want wine/borubon taste to your chips to try and impart a flavor other than the wood you can get pellets, chips, and chunks made up from casks that stored wine or bourbons.
          You take the barrels, I'll take the contents off yoo hand fer proper disposal!
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Unlike all y'all. I drown the Shit outta my wood I like it wet a water logged. maybe it's cuz I'm young and hadn't learned just yet though on how to put and cook the turkey in the oven

Comment

We’ll break you of that bad habit..just see.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Blinginpse View Post
                Unlike all y'all. I drown the Shit outta my wood I like it wet a water logged. maybe it's cuz I'm young and hadn't learned just yet though on how to put and cook the turkey in the oven
                Well what ya wanna do? You wanna smoke it or steam it? It's all about airflow and temp control. I will admit there was a time I used to soak. Folks here cured me of that quick, just makes sense. Okay, I still soak, but just meself!
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                  Well what ya wanna do? You wanna smoke it or steam it? It's all about airflow and temp control. I will admit there was a time I used to soak. Folks here cured me of that quick, just makes sense. Okay, I still soak, but just meself!

I was joking boys going along with the soakin in cider joke above lol

I have a cheap 75$ smoker I've used last 3-4 years I never soaked my blocks I just threw the in the element and letter burn

Comment

I have a cheap 75$ smoker I've used last 3-4 years I never soaked my blocks I just threw the in the element and letter burn
                    Mark
                    sigpic

Comment

2 things you'll learn about your new MES:

Use your Amazing Smoker---Not the built in chip burner.

And Don't put water in your water pan.

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                        2 things you'll learn about your new MES:

Use your Amazing Smoker---Not the built in chip burner.

And Don't put water in your water pan.

Bear

Where would I put the amazn smoker at in the unit? Lower right?

Comment

Where would I put the amazn smoker at in the unit? Lower right?

In the Gen #2.5, I've found the best place is on the bottom rack, on the right end.
                          That's just above the Chip dumper hole, so if you need more air flow to your Amazing, just pull the dumper out about 3" & rotate it 180°.
                          Need less air, push it back in.

Bear
                          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Sweet I thought I'd read that. I've been looking for the gen 2.5. Hoping I killer deal pops up

Comment

Working...
                            X