This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing and Uploading the Appropriate Picture Size on Photobucket

Since a few members have had trouble posting pictures in the proper size and Photobucket recently changed a few minor things on their site I thought I would make up a quick tutorial for those who may be unsure how to do this.

Ken has said in the past he would like pictures to be 640x480 or 800x600.
    I occasionally use 320x240 but that is too small for most posts and 1024x768 is too big and causes many have to scroll over to see the entire picture.

For this I am doing 800x600

This is assuming you already have a photobucket account.

Once signed in you will be at your homepage.
    Once there click the green upload box at the top.

That will take you to the next page where you would click to open a window and choose pictures for uploading.
    Before uploading you will notice there is a Customize your upload options in blue above your albums name. Click on that.

Once you click that a window will open allowing you to choose your size preferences.

Once you choose an appropriate size don't forget to hit save. Once you do you will be back to where you click to select photos for uploading. Select your pictures, upload them.

Once they are done uploading make your way back to the main page where your pictures are stored and hover over the picture you want to upload and a pop out/drop down picture thingy will appear (ya gotta love those technical terms) that will give you different options depending on whether you are planning on posting in an email, adding a link or an IMG code for forums.

The IMG Code is what you want to have your picture appear in a forum post.

You can right click and save which is habit but you can also simply left mouse click on the code and it will copy it.

Then you paste in your thread and there's nothing more to it
    Last edited by Fire it up; 09-03-2012, 09:30 PM.
    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Not bad for a stoner... Reminds me of Guthrie's Alice's Rastaraunt...with the circles and the arrows and a paragraph on the back...

It IS so annoying to have the huge pix and have to scroll. Or to small and my old eyes can't see them
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thanks!!! I have made the change... lets hope it helps next time i post!!!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I read this in one of your other posts and immediately put it to use. Thanks for taking the trouble. I didn't know I could have PB change the size auto for me.
        I rub it every chance I get!

QUOTE = Meat Hunter

Granted, all this is just in my head. Until I win the lotto, or my career as a stripper pays off, I'm forced to use the kitchen counter....

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Not bad for a stoner... Reminds me of Guthrie's Alice's Rastaraunt...with the circles and the arrows and a paragraph on the back...

Originally posted by someAZdude View Post
          Yeah I read this in one of your other posts and immediately put it to use. Thanks for taking the trouble. I didn't know I could have PB change the size auto for me.
          Reason I figured I would do this one is because the other was in the middle of a thread started by Ken and when I saw the other day that Photobucket had moved their upload options from the bottom of the page to the upper right I figured this would be helpful to some

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
            Since a few members have had trouble posting pictures in the proper size and Photobucket recently changed a few minor things on their site I thought I would make up a quick tutorial for those who may be unsure how to do this.
            Nice.

Dave
            CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
            UDS 1.0
            Afterburner
            Weber Performer
            Blue Thermapen
            Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
            Thermoworks Chef Alarm
            Auber Smoker Controller
            Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
            -
            "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Nice post, it really helps some of us newbies on the site out.

Question: How do I post pictures that show up within the thread as full 640x480 pictures and not the small thumbnails that I keep ending up with?

I posted a thread yesterday in "The Testing Room" forum, Picture Size Test, and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I used Imageshack (and selected the 640x480 setting), copy/pasted the "direct" url from IS into the "manage attachments" window, then uploaded my pics to the site with no problems....but when I inserted them into my thread they just showed up as thumbnails...you have to either double-click or use the mouse over option to see them in their intended resolution/size...I must be missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke'n Cy View Post
                Question: How do I post pictures that show up within the thread as full 640x480 pictures and not the small thumbnails that I keep ending up with?

I posted a thread yesterday in "The Testing Room" forum, Picture Size Test, and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I used Imageshack (and selected the 640x480 setting), copy/pasted the "direct" url from IS into the "manage attachments" window, then uploaded my pics to the site with no problems....but when I inserted them into my thread they just showed up as thumbnails...you have to either double-click or use the mouse over option to see them in their intended resolution/size...I must be missing something?
                I haven't used imageshack in years so not completely sure what their format is but with Photobucket you would need to choose the appropriate link/code to insert the pictures into a thread.

With Photobucket you need to copy and paste the IMG Code so if imageshack gives you the option that would be what you want to choose.

sigpic

Comment

I now have both Photobucket and ImageShack set up...PB worked this time for some reason. Anyway, when I copy/paste the IMG code from PB into the Manage Attachments "Upload File from a URL" box and upload a picture I get the following message...

:
                  Invalid File

Does my account have to be set up differently by the Administrator or something???

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke'n Cy View Post
                    I now have both Photobucket and ImageShack set up...PB worked this time for some reason. Anyway, when I copy/paste the IMG code from PB into the Manage Attachments "Upload File from a URL" box and upload a picture I get the following message...

IMG]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p598/smokency/df960d53.jpg[/IMG]:
                    Invalid File

Does my account have to be set up differently by the Administrator or something???
                    Somebody fix me if I'm wrong...

If you copy the IMG code, you don't need to worry about managing attachments or uploading files. Something like this...

Blah blah, good looking pile of pig, blah blah...
                    Then on the next line, simply paste the IMG code you copied in Photobucket...

Then continue with the blah blah...
                    Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
                    Weber Performer
                    Weber 22.5" OTG
                    Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
                    Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
                    Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
                    BBQ Food Truck

Comment

Excellent post. And, since I was having problems with this same topic, AND you used my pictures as an example...i don't feel at all singled out or stupid in any way shape or form.
                      Just shittin' ya...really, thank you for the info.
                      Mark

Homemade 22 year old "Pro-smoker"
                      Yoder YS640
                      Smoke daddy
                      100% Lumberjack pellets

Comment

And then there was light!

Thanks Seboke, shows how much I know about this stuff but think you just solved my problem. I even read the FAQ's on posting pics a couple of times and missed the fact that you bypass the "Manage Attachments" window altogether and just need to paste the IMG code directly into the thread where you want your pic inserted...simpler is always better so will give that a try the next time...THANKS!

footnote: the pic earlier was of my first turkey in a new Amerique, and the reason it looks crossed with a porcupine is that I was calibrating my trusty old Polder to the Cookshack probe

Comment

Originally posted by Seboke View Post
                          Something like this...

Blah blah, good looking pile of pig, blah blah...
                          Then on the next line, simply paste the IMG code you copied in Photobucket...

Then continue with the blah blah...
                          LOL .

Dave
                          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                          -
                          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Thank you for your Photobucket instructions. It solved a lot of questions I just didn't have any answers for.
                            Just another questions about Photobucket. I seem to get messages to say that my quota is full and need to upgrade. I only have about 120 photos
                            stored. What did I do wrong?????
                            Thank you,
                            Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by crustyo44 View Post
                              Thank you for your Photobucket instructions. It solved a lot of questions I just didn't have any answers for.
                              Just another questions about Photobucket. I seem to get messages to say that my quota is full and need to upgrade. I only have about 120 photos
                              stored. What did I do wrong?????
                              Thank you,
                              Jan.

I do not use PB, but someone will be along to give you the answer..

Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
                              X