No announcement yet.

Southern Minnesota Checking In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5Lakes: The WSM is a awesome smoker and you will love it.

Comment

Glad you joined us and welcome 5lakes!
      I believe I recognize your user id from LSF?
      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum from another MN boy.
        Propane Smoke Shack
        UDS
        Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
        sigpic

Comment

good to see ya made it outta the dark side bro...(thks DDave) and, another minnesotan as well!!!
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

to the asylum Jerry, I know what ya mean about a wind shelter. I talked with my wife about building an electric smoker for the garage and vent it outside.

GOSM
            K.C.B.S Member # 60786
            Digital Thermometers
            Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
            140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Man...It's really great to have ya here!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Many thanks

Thanks to all!

I'm really gonna like it here! As I was looking for new ideas and recipes, I found this site. Looked around a bit, and recognized a couple names. Then, a couple more. I was reading some posts and discovered something I was missing. The incredible humor that I had once seen elsewhere which brought me to that site. It's here! I was wondering where so many of you had gone. I guess I'm a slow learner.

crusty ol salt - Thanx for the note about posts on shelters. I'll be checking for those posts.

MossyMo - Yup, you recognized right. I'm still there, but I don't participate as much as I used to.

erain - I knew there had to be a light out here somewhere. Actually, I had been reading one of your posts 'in the dark' and did a search for something in that post. Google is our friend! That search led me here. So, I blame you for bringing me here!

I'm really looking forward to being a part of the community here. The more I look around, the more familiar names I find. Thanx again for the warm welcome!

Jerry. Aka 5lakes
                Jerry aka 5lakes

Comment

Opps, I almost missed this thread. Welcome to the island of misfits. I remember you from some other place

You will like it here.
                  https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Thanx Meat Hunter!

Island of Misfits, I like that. Fits me well...

Or maybe, misfits me well...

Jerry aka 5lakes
                    Jerry aka 5lakes

Comment

Welcome Slakes! A shelter will certainly keep you in BBQ longer into the winter. I moved my cabinet smoker and cheap-ass kettle grill just inside a 8' garage door that opens into my yard and have been smokin/grillin' with the door up. So far the coldest day I've been smoking with charcoal/wood chunks was a high of 19°, and no problems keeping temps between 200 and 230°. That was yesterday, and I smoked a 16 lb turkey and 11 lb brisket. 3 1/2 hours in the smoker, and finished em in the oven. Burnt endz too! Might do that more often no matter what the weather, with things that would otherwise take 8 hours plus in the smoker.

I was worried I would be having BBQ withdrawals this winter, but don't see that happening unless it stays around zero or below for a while. Not as much chance of that happening in NE Indiana as where you live, though. I haven't even resorted to the welding blanket since I moved the smoker into shelter. Makes a huge difference. Good luck with that.
                      DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Comment

.....aboard...........

Comment

Welcome to the Island 5lakes... you'll fit right in! You are gonna love that WSM... they are great right out of the box!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                          X