Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fricken FoodSaver ..... Picked a bad time to quit on me..... Any Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish, mine is doing the same thing. Pretty sure the seals are bad. Need a Rowdy Ray intervention for both of us.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

That's a bummer, Scott. At first I typed that sucks but that would be an unintended pun so I changed it

Is there a good time for it to quit?

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      I thought that was girlfriend/mistress mode?
      No, that would be . . . aw hell . . . I better stop while I'm ahead.

Dave
      CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
      UDS 1.0
      Afterburner
      Weber Performer
      Blue Thermapen
      Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
      Thermoworks Chef Alarm
      Auber Smoker Controller
      Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
      -
      "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Flip the seal 180...Check heat strip...Ya won't get nothin that can suck like this one...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

i HEAR TALE THAT RAY IS IN DA HOUSE
          2-22.5'' weber
          1-18'' weber
          1 smokey joe
          22.5'' wsm
          24'' smoke vault
          1-outhouse
          Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
          Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by minnbill View Post
            i HEAR TALE THAT RAY IS IN DA HOUSE
            Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
            Weber 22.5" WSM
            Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
            Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
            Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
            Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
            Weber 18.5" Kettle
            Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
            Weber Smokey Joe
            GMG Daniel Boone
            Pit Barrel Cooker
            Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
            6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
            Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
            The Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by chris_h View Post
              ive got an old V550 that i still use along with my new one, but it does the same thing and is usually caused by a small leak in the bag or the end im trying to seal isnt laying flat and has a crease breaking the seal, if the bag is creasing on me ill insert the bag with alittle extra bag, close and lock the lid, then grab each side of the bag and pull apart and pull alittle bit of the bag out.
              ive had bad pre made bags and rolls and at almost $18 for a food saver brand roll or $18 for 2 black & decker brand rolls isnt good.
              the new one i got 3 yrs ago is the V3420 and i havent had any problems with it, the only thing i dont like is the amount of bag material it waists on each end.
              Gonna try some of your tips again before I give totally up

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
              Fish, mine is doing the same thing. Pretty sure the seals are bad. Need a Rowdy Ray intervention for both of us.
              Grab a Natty & we git Ray in chat

Originally posted by someAZdude View Post
              Costco has one on coupon too. If you have a membership I'd think about purchasing there. They have an excellent return policy. I am going to buy theirs. Sorry to hear that you had to get your neck red trying to seal the bags
              Thanks SAZDude..... I do have a membership & will be looking into it

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
              Scott,

Sorry to hear about your foodsaver going TU...if you or anyone wants a(nother) foodsaver, I got this via email yesterday. You will have to choose if you are throwing good money after bad, and if yours had lived a good life.

The link embedded in the ad takes me to this page:
              http://www.foodsaver.com/Deals.aspx?...urce=MainImage

Also, on Saturday I got a postcard that their bags are 50% off if you use the coupon code HOLIDAY1A

last time they had a 50% off sale, I stocked up and probably won't need to order again for a year or so.
              Thanks Dana, that seems like a pretty good deal, given all the extras thrown in

Thank you all for the input & suggestions. I hope this thread may help some others in the future.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy View Post
                Try it without a bag.
                I just tried it without a bag again & it worked this time????? WTF????

I did pound it onto the ground, thinking 1 last "smash" may do something??? lol.....

I ran the normal "cycle" procedure without a bag & it went from the sucking mode, into the sealing mode once again & sealed fine......

Hippy & thanks again
                sigpic

Comment

Try this link, I have the best vac ($225.00) have had it for 4 years and gets a lot of heavy use,I have gone thru 5 or 6 food savers and none of them hold up like this one. A tru workhorse.
                  http://www.dougcare.com/foodstorage/homeequip.htm

http://www.qualitymatters.com

next best choice is a little more expenseive (about $305 )but also very good. Both of these use the pre made bags or rolls with the moisture barrier inside,the best kind of bags and depending on size they are about $20 per hundred

Comment

Originally posted by dagorich View Post
                    Try this link, I have the best vac ($225.00) have had it for 4 years and gets a lot of heavy use,I have gone thru 5 or 6 food savers and none of them hold up like this one. A tru workhorse.
                    http://www.dougcare.com/foodstorage/homeequip.htm

http://www.qualitymatters.com

next best choice is a little more expenseive (about $305 )but also very good. Both of these use the pre made bags or rolls with the moisture barrier inside,the best kind of bags and depending on size they are about $20 per hundred
                    Nice looking stuff
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      .... I went to the redneck vacuum sealer with a straw & a ziplock bag & sum bitch, it actually works pretty well
                      What do you mean, redneck vacuum sealer? The company I bought mine from swore it was the next, greatest kitchen gadget on the market, and I should buy at $19.99 before it caught on and prices went up... AND because I was one of the first 10 callers, I got an extra straw, too!!
                      Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                        What do you mean, redneck vacuum sealer? The company I bought mine from swore it was the next, greatest kitchen gadget on the market, and I should buy at $19.99 before it caught on and prices went up... AND because I was one of the first 10 callers, I got an extra straw, too!!
                        Did you also get the Ginsu Steamer

Since this thread, my Foodsaver went through fixed mode, to won't work mode & now it's on fixed again
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          Did you also get the Ginsu Steamer

Since this thread, my Foodsaver went through fixed mode, to won't work mode & now it's on fixed again
                          Steamer?? I think I got ripped off!!!!

Sounds like your Foodsaver is actually in possessed mode.
                          Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                          Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                          1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                          Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                          Weber Smokey Joe
                          Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                          Pink Thermapen
                          Purple Thermapen

Comment

Carter Johnson will be coming over in his Coon Skin Hat to hep ya!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

My nice $ 189 food saver crashed on me too. I bought a cheapo replacement food saver brand with no options from Target for $49 on sale and it works better than my old one. Of course mine crashed after I bought into the 8" roll sale I cashed in on a while back.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X