Pizza Burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Burgers

Does anyone remember the A&W pizza burgers? I remember them being breaded with the cheese and sauce inside the breading, and it was deep fried.
    Anyway, I don't know how they made them, and if any of you do, please fill me in.
    I loved those pizza burgers and this is my version.

Started with my own hamburger. Added some seasonings, Parmesan cheese, eggs and salt.

Then mixed it all together.

Formed some patties about 1/3 lb each and sliced some mozzarella.

Breaded and fried.

Melted the cheese, added pizza sauce and placed on grilled homemade buns. A little late season fresh cucumber salad and it's ready to eat.

Should have cut larger slices of cheese but with the Parmesan cheese it was enough.

Tom

I don't remember those from A & W Gunny, but I will now!
    Yikes, holy scrumptious yummy burger! On the to do list asap!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Do you do deliveries ? Sounds and looks like a winner.

Comment

OK, Now I'm officially gonna take lunch. Those look & sound Awesome. On the list
        sigpic

Comment

Never heard of them Gunny, but they freaking look amazing Bud...
          ---------------------------------------------------
          I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          KCBS CBJ

Comment

I always got the Papa Burger with a big old cold cone of root beer.

Those look tasty GS!
            Keith

Comment

Oh Hell Yeah!...Tom ....ya done right with this un! Was a fav! & forgot. Nice work Man!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Oh heck yeah Gunny! I seem to have a vague remembering of these. None the less these do look great
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

went to A&W for years sure don't rember this but if your drive in is open i'll be bye sounds great
                  Terry here
                  Still have Christene

Comment

Now its been a couple of years but the ones I remember from the Yale A&W nearby me. the pizza burger had the cheese inside of the patty and it was fried but I just don't remember them being breaded. I will check them out in the next few days. I think they may still have them there but I am not sure. If they do I will get one and bring it home to provide some pics.
                    If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
                    Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Comment

Originally posted by JustSmoke2 View Post
                      Now its been a couple of years but the ones I remember from the Yale A&W nearby me. the pizza burger had the cheese inside of the patty and it was fried but I just don't remember them being breaded. I will check them out in the next few days. I think they may still have them there but I am not sure. If they do I will get one and bring it home to provide some pics.
                      That would be awesome. I didn't even A&W still had it on the menu. It's been years since I have been to one that does.

Tom

Comment

I DO remember those! Dang... sounds pretty close to me! Now..about the float on the side...

Speaking of "sides" as an aside the guy who bought the A&W name/biz is one of my customers, quite a few years back. I had a little chat with him about it, and he said "We're REALLY trying not to change much, but it's a biz venture". Well, alot of mom and pop's got burned, but I will say..altho they have gotten more "commercialized" the beer and the food is still pretty close.

Anyone who has not had an A&W rootbeer float has never HAD a great rootbeer float.
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

looks good and now im thinking i may have to do some of them friday.
                          sigpic
                          GO GATORS.
                          Raymond Cato
                          MOJO SMOKEHOUSE BBQ TEAM.
                          125 Gallon Stickburner yet to be named
                          BBQ GRILLWARE STAINLESS CHARCOAL
                          2 ecbs
                          bbq pro offset
                          18.5"WSM
                          22" WSM
                          22" WEBER OTS
                          smoked meat member #57

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                            Anyone who has not had an A&W rootbeer float has never HAD a great rootbeer float.
                            I don't know about that as I don't like root beer. But take a couple of game hens, quail, dove, pheasant, etc and give them a root beer brine, and grill indirectly till done, and yuuuumy.

Tom

Comment

Yep-I like that slinger...beauty.
                              Last edited by ALX; 09-04-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X