Recommend a deep fryer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep thinking about this myself.

We just don't do any deep frying - never have. And there are alot of things I'd like to make and try that do need it.
    It's mainly the mess and smell of using one ina kitche that does not have an oven hood extractor that's the sticking point.

My brother in law (rip mate) used to have an electric one that he'd only use outside. They'd have days where he'd make a few pounds of homemade fries and they'd pig out on them.

Advantage of using it outside - none of the mess or deep fat oil smell in the house.

So I've been looking at some of the small cheapo fryers. I mean you're talking a known brand name with thermostat, filters etc for around £20 ($35)
    Now for the occasional outdoor use I can't see much point in getting anything larger or more expensive.
    Or are there going to be major problems with a cheapo fryer ? (minor problems I'm not so bothered about)
    Actually just spotted this one - bit more dosh than I was thinking about - but this would be the top of my price range :-)
    This is more like I've been looking at, half the size and half the price.

So oil wise - what's best (not peanut oil, that's very expensive over here).
    I'm thinking sunflower oil or corn oil or rapeseed oil (canola oil).
    Anyone got a preference ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-20-2011, 06:17 AM.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
      i used to use a waring pro i think but after a year i just went bact to using a stock pot and a turkey fryer.......
      i have a waring pro but for all the cleanup & it's recovery time i went back to a cast iron skillet. noting frys chops,chix,& chicken fried like good old cast iron. for fries & deep frying i use a 5qt c.i. dutch oven.
      brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
      18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
      cast iron Hibachi
      22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
      & rotisserator
      12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
      stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
      Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
      http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
      my music recordings-
      http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

yeah that's all well and good if you're into the deep frying.

But if all you want it for is the occasional fry experiment, then a plug-n-play with thermostat is definitely a better looking option :-)
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
        X