Salt and pepper mills...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salt and pepper mills...

If you want to add a little class to your table. This guy makes some pretty darn nice salt and pepper mills. On my wish list..

http://thepensmith.com/peppermill-store.html
    G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Dang man, those are sweet.

Kinda puts my old stand by to shame....

Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 08-24-2011, 10:26 AM.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Those are really nice. I have made a bunch of 'em over the years & seeing that makes me want to do some more.
      MES 30"
      A-Maze-N pellet smoker
      Weber 22" kettle
      E-Z-Que rotisserie
      Weber Smokey Joe
      Big Weber Gasser
      Cracker Smoker
      UDS

Comment

those are nice looking mills.
        I want to find a "High Volumn" pepper mill.....one that puts out far more pepper with every twist of the knob.
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by smc51 View Post
          those are nice looking mills.
          I want to find a "High Volumn" pepper mill.....one that puts out far more pepper with every twist of the knob.
          If I have a recipe that calls for 2Tbs or more of crushed black pepper say like a batch of homemade bbq sauce I will use a my mortar and pestle to grind it up rather than my pepper mill. You can twist that mill a long time to get 2Tbs of black pepper. With a mortar pestle you can be done in less than a minute and you have complete control of the coarseness of the grind.

Comment

pretty cool stuff. i have a set of S&P grinders from Vic Firth, he was in the boston orch and makes drumsticks and such.......he then branched out to make turned kitchen items. his prices sure have come down over the years....... http://www.vicfirthgourmet.com/
            sigpic
            it's all good my friend..........

Comment

I like the looks of those. I'm kinda a SS guy on everything that is on me countertops.... Pottery Barn Peppermill & I use a SS large shaker for Kosher salt that I think was made for Parmesan? (adjustable 3 different shaker hole sizes).... Found it on a vacation & have yet to see another one like it (but ain' been looking too hard ) ......

I think it was Emeril that had a battery powered Peppermill.... That was way cool!.... I would like one of those when I grow up
              sigpic

Comment

Wow I have the Curly Maple, Sis gave them to me for Christmas. I had no idea!
                I use a coffee grinder if I need more than a couple of twists. I have one that I use only for spices, no coffee.
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                  Wow I have the Curly Maple, Sis gave them to me for Christmas. I had no idea!
                  I use a coffee grinder if I need more than a couple of twists. I have one that I use only for spices, no coffee.
                  Coffee grinder!..........thats what I need.

Thanks Mark
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                    pretty cool stuff. i have a set of S&P grinders from Vic Firth, he was in the boston orch and makes drumsticks and such.......he then branched out to make turned kitchen items. his prices sure have come down over the years....... http://www.vicfirthgourmet.com/
                    My pepper grinder is a Vic Firth that I got from the spice house. Don't have a salt grinder. I really am happy with the Vic Firth one I have. Makes it hard to justify buying one of those fancy looking ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      I think it was Emeril that had a battery powered Peppermill.... That was way cool!.... I would like one of those when I grow up
                      Alton Brown uses a standard mill a lot of times (on good eats), with a cordless drill on it.

Kevin
                      Kevin
                      sigpic

GSM upright gasser,
                      Big Easy,
                      Homemade upright stick burner,
                      Cadillac 48/60 rotisserie

Comment

Originally posted by 3montes View Post
                        My pepper grinder is a Vic Firth that I got from the spice house. Don't have a salt grinder. I really am happy with the Vic Firth one I have. Makes it hard to justify buying one of those fancy looking ones.
                        they have been the best ones i have ever used.........
                        sigpic
                        it's all good my friend..........

Comment

I use a Greek Pepper/Coffee grinder for CBP...

Works real well.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                          Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X