Kingsford Charcoal at Wally World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingsford Charcoal at Wally World

I bought 2 15lb blue bags for $7.98!! So I grabbed 4 bags or 60lbs for just under $16 bucks! It was sitting on a pallet just as you walked in the door. The bags are shrinked wrapped together for a twin pack. I thought it was mispriced but nope that was the price! Good deal I'd say!
    G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Thanks for the heads up. Really appreciate that. Just came back from Walmart and purchased 30 lbs. for 7.98. Also, had to pick up another bag of Royal Oak Natural Lump 17 lbs.

Thanks,

Ed
    Yoder YS480
    Yoder Cheyenne
    Weber Kettle w/ Rotissieri
    Kettlepizza

Comment

Originally posted by veryolddog View Post
      Thanks for the heads up. Really appreciate that. Just came back from Walmart and purchased 30 lbs. for 7.98. Also, had to pick up another bag of Royal Oak Natural Lump 17 lbs.

Thanks,

Ed

I was beginning to think it really wasn't that good of a deal from the lack of responses here! I don't buy very much charcoal and when I do it's the cheapest junk I can find because all I use it for is starting the stick burner.

But I just picked up a new DO so my interest in charcoal has peaked again.
      I think this is at least 50% off what you normally pay.
      G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Comment

Well I didn't do the math but I saw an add for 2-20#er's at Lowes for $9.95, Not pushing either store .... both good deals ..I guess whoever is closer wins

Thanks for the post

Comment

The best that I could do at my local Home Depot was $12.88 for 40 lbs. With my military discount including tax, I paid $12.55. When you look at the per pound expense, Walmart is $0.05 per pound cheaper for 30 lbs than HD selling 40 lbs.

I use the charcoal to start my wood fires in my stick burner, so now I am stocked up for quite some time.

ed
          Yoder YS480
          Yoder Cheyenne
          Weber Kettle w/ Rotissieri
          Kettlepizza

Comment

You can ask Home Depot to price match Lowe's and they will. For those of you that are closer to Lowe's... 9.95 for 40 lbs...
            God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
            Weber Performer Gold
            Masterbuilt 26" twins
            Big Chief Electric smoker
            Brinkmann barrel smoker
            LEM sausage stuffer
            Cabela's pro HD grinder
            Maverick ET-732
            ThermoWorks Thermapen
            GrillGrates

Comment

My Aunt text me the other day and said she found a deal at the Home Depot 40# kingsford for $12.88 so she picked me up 40#..... too bad she lives in MO so I have to wait till Aug to get it LOL But FYI for you folks in MO.....
              Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you only have today!

Comment

OOPPS just saw someone else posted it already :)
                Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you only have today!

Comment

I picked up some more from Wally World. Still have a bunch from Memorial Day sale too. I think I have like 8 (2packs now) or 240lbs of KB. I grill with it and use it to start my royal oak lump minion on the WSM so should be good until Labor Day.
                  -Modified Brinkmann Gourmet Charcoal Smoker
                  -22.5" Blue Weber Gold w/ weber side table
                  -18.5" '69 daisy wheel Weber redhead restored
                  -Smokey Joe Silver x 2 --- one turned Mini WSM
                  -Coleman road trip grill
                  -Charbroil performance gasser
                  -Maveric ET-732
                  -CI: Le Creuset#23, Wagner#3, Wagner square skillet, lodge#8, wagner #9 griddle, griswold #9 slant griddle, griswold #10 block skillet, griswold #5 small, griswold #7 slant skillet w/ heat ring, griswold #8 block with self basting lid

Comment

Got some today! Right next to them was a 2 pack of 13.5 pound bags for $14.88 I wonder how many people pick up that instead of the 15 pounders and pay double. Ours alsohad RO lump 10 pound bags for 5.88. I'm set for awhile.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rg02 View Post
                      I picked up some more from Wally World. Still have a bunch from Memorial Day sale too. I think I have like 8 (2packs now) or 240lbs of KB. I grill with it and use it to start my royal oak lump minion on the WSM so should be good until Labor Day.
                      And the week of Labor Day, Home Depot & Lowes again will have a blowout sale.
                      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Quick survey:

Cash and Carry (USA) - 40 LB (2x20 LB) @ 16.29. or 41 cents per lb.
                        (This is good - the normal special floor price is 50 cents per lb)
                        Lowes (Canada) - 16.6 pounds @ 14.98 or 90.25 cents per lb.
                        (someone above posted 9.95 for 40 lbs at Lowes, USA!) @ 25 cents per lb.
                        Canadian Tire (Canada) - 16.6 pounds @10.94 or 66 cents per lb.
                        Home Depot (Canada) - 16.6 pounds @ 8.88 or 53.5 cents per lb.

Kingsford actually packages us (Canada) 20 per cent less and still charges us more!

In general (when we are lucky) we easily pay more than @ 30 to 50 percent more for charcoal here in Canada over what you guys pay in the USA! These are best case scenarios too as most other times the merchants will actually charge us more, especially in the winter months (even though I bbq all year round) - you can easily add 25 to 50 percent over our already bloated prices we pay - for charcoal!
                        WTF!

*Rant Over* (I buy in the USA!)
                        Last edited by XLR8R; 08-15-2013, 11:19 PM.
                        Weber 22.5
                        Lil Chief
                        1950's Crosley Shelvadore
                        Bradley Smoker
                        Maverick ET732
                        Nesco Dehydrator
                        Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

Working...
                        X