Blazing Pistachios & more Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blazing Pistachios & more Snow

Giving them a few hours in the smoker. Running out of room for the snow and we are going to get another dump today. Just starting now.

Looking from my smoker shed into the back yard

The nuts smoking away

Blazing Pistachios
    From Seemore

Ingredients:
    1 Tbsp butter
    3 Tbsp pickling liquid from a jar of pickled jalapenos
    3 Tbsp green Tabasco sauce
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 C unshelled pistachio nuts

Directions:
    Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the pickling liquid, the Tabasco sauce, the Worcestershire sauce and the salt. Stir to blend, and then add the nuts.

Make sure the nuts are well coated, and then pour onto a Bradley rack with a high-temp screen. If you don’t have high temperature screens use the Bradley Jerky Racks, or line the bottom of the rack with cheese cloth.
    Put in a preheated 225°F smoker. We smoked them for two hours with mesquite smoke.

OK so I did a little different from the recipe, did not want to be tied to the smoker wondering if they are burning so I went with a longer time frame. 150 with the A-MAZE-N-TUBE-SMOKER which took almost all afternoon to do. The result was just great. Just the way I like them. :)

PBC Drum Smoker
    Bradley Digital 4 Rack
    THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
    Miss Piggy Smoker
    Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

I am so doing this, thanks!

Comment

Man, those look KILLER! Don't know aboot HOT Pistachios, but love to shell the regular one with some beverages
      sigpic

Comment

the color of the finished one's is AMAZING !!

Comment

Damn man, get the cover off that hot tub and grab some brews. Instant beer cooler in that snow bank!

I never thought I'd say this to another man, but dude you got some nice nuts there.
          BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
          Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
          I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Killer dude just killer
            2-22.5'' weber
            1-18'' weber
            1 smokey joe
            22.5'' wsm
            24'' smoke vault
            1-outhouse
            Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
            Smoked meathead #135

Comment

I made some of those pistash this weekend. More salt and more heat. Need to have something to drink with them. Thanks for the recipe I'll be making them again!

Comment

Now these look really good, going to have to try for sure!
                -=Denappy

sigpic

Comment

enhanced crack nuts...... pistachios: the only nut you will search around on the dirty floor for, after eating a one pound bag by yourself, and still can't get the monkey off you back.....
                  Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Haha!

I remember being in Turkey back in 1982. 30 day TDY, I was stationed in Spain. Anyhoo, we could get these wonderful cheap pistachios there in Turkey. They came from Iran I think, they were our friends back then with the Shaw and all that crap. They were salty, fat, and ohh so good. About 20 days into the TDY, one late night playing poker (I lost my ass, was new at it) I looked at my fingernails and wondered in my drunken state, "Why are my thumbnails almost gone in one spot?" Then I picked up another pist. Aha moment!

That's about the time Bill went missing we think. Next late afternoon came across the 'net' radio. "Anyone have seen Bill XXX please report to the OP". About two hours later Bill appeared. He had wandered behind the hut where we was playing cards to pee and fell in an open manhole cover where they was rebuilding the sewer, fell 15' and got knocked out, gashing himself pretty well. We was all relived they found him, he got 3 great scars from falling on rebar ends, but non stuck him him at least.

Glad I peed on the other side of the building, glad Bill was fine. Next year one of our guys fell into a drainage ditch on a bicycle he had stole from the NCO Club and broke his neck. Bummer.

Only have 2 more good stories from my two trips to Turkey. Then there is the one where a fancy 'new' F-15 started to pull into it's parking spot and it's wheel fell off and rolled across the Ol' venerable HERO F-4 area. A fight broke out. We won.

And the PINK WATERTOWER. The big, forgive me ladies, TIT rising high over the base.

Comment

Working...
                    X