Mad Hunky pumpkin seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Hunky pumpkin seeds

I didn't smoke these, only because I was too lazy to dig out the smoker and get it going, but they would be excellent smoked I think.

No real recipe, just threw it all together. Went like this....

Clean and rinse the seeds of all that nasty crap.

Spread on a single layer on cookie sheet, into a 300 degree oven for about half an hour to dry, stirring occasionally.

Remove seeds from oven, sprinkle with hot pepper infused olive oil, and toss to coat. Sprinkle liberally with Mad Hunky, garlic powder, onion powder and a little seasoning salt. Toss again to coat.

Back into the oven until they're well toasted and start to pop (about 20 or 30 minutes), stirring when I remembered.

they're damn good and I've eaten almost all of them already. Might need to go pick up some more pumpkins just to harvest the seeds.
    Attached Files
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Oh yeah.. good eats there! try a bit of hot whang and get ready for the party!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I was temped to use some habenaro death dust on them again, but decided I'd try them with the lower heat this year. The chili pepper oil gives it a pretty good kick already.
      Mike
      Life In Pit Row

Comment

I'll bet those are good! Habanero Death Dust would really rock those out! That stuff is killer! The last ones that I made I did simple with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and a lite dusting of cayenne powder. Turned out great, was great for the masses... would have liked a bit more heat at the backend.
        Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
        Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
        A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
        A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
        Frogmats
        Maverick ET 732
        Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Mike those look awesome! Thanks for the idea!
          jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Get me a bowl Cat Daddy & pass me a Natty!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
              X2
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
                Oh yeah.. good eats there! try a bit of hot whang and get ready for the party!!
                I do have some hot whang sitting around that probably needs to be used too... maybe I just will see if the stores have pumpkins on discount now that halloween is over and stock up on some! Thanks!

Originally posted by dsgarner06 View Post
                I'll bet those are good! Habanero Death Dust would really rock those out! That stuff is killer! The last ones that I made I did simple with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and a lite dusting of cayenne powder. Turned out great, was great for the masses... would have liked a bit more heat at the backend.
                I admit, I like my stuff spicy but the death dust can be a little over the top sometimes. Can't really go wrong with just salt, pepper and garlic either though! Not sure why, but I really like the flavor of garlic with my pumpkin seeds. Thanks!

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
                Mike those look awesome! Thanks for the idea!
                You're welcome Jeanie. Hope you like them.
                Mike
                Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                  Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                  X2
                  C'mon over, I'll have some waiting for you!
                  Mike
                  Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
                    I do have some hot whang sitting around that probably needs to be used too... maybe I just will see if the stores have pumpkins on discount now that halloween is over and stock up on some! Thanks!
                    I get 'em now for $.50 to $1.00 :{) Actually last year... $10 all I could haul. Prolly 30 of 'em Had like 5 pounds of seeds :{)
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                    X