Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD foil from Web Restaraunt store anyone use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD foil from Web Restaraunt store anyone use it?

I have cut down drastically on my use of foil over the last year or so but even with that I seem to go through a good amount of it. For instance last night I made chuckies and pork butts. When the butts hit 165 I pan them rather than foil to catch that liquid gold. Cover the pan with foil and back in the smoker to the 205. Pretty much the same routine with the chuckies only they skip the cooler.
    Of course I am washing restaraunt pans much more often now and the bottoms get black grease on them from the pit grates so you have to be careful what you set them down on. So that method isn't without it's drawbacks either. Foil pans just get too costly when you use alot of them like I do.

Anyhooo I purchased a 500 ft roll of 18" hd foil from the Web Restaraunt store and the Tablecraft Kenkut 3 wall dispenser/cutter to go with it. The reviews from caters were all very positive. Paid $20.99 for the foil and $37.99 for the dispenser. The foil is about half the price if I were to purchase the same amount of HD Reynolds wrap. I'm always skeptical of "it's half the costs of the popular brand" deals so I'm hoping I'm not getting 500 feet of shiny paper.
    G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

I do when we have large cook outs.. Really nice stuff.
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Thats encouraging. Thanks Ken

Comment

Just checked it out. Reviews look good $14.95 shipping to my place
        sigpic

Comment

Amazon.com has some stuff I've been looking at also. Priced about the same $30-$35 with free shipping. More or less a wash I do like the Reynolds, butt sh!t is spendy! Been using a lot of pans meself also, just hate washing them
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            Just checked it out. Reviews look good $14.95 shipping to my place
            Yeah thats a drawback. My shipping for the two items was over $18. That offsets alot of savings. But the convienence of shopping at home and not having to pay taxes...

Comment

We buy the rolls from Sams Club and have been very happy with them. 500ft of heavy duty for $21.48.
              Where to Shop -
              www.OwensBBQ.com

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
              https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Comment

Do you have a Costco, BJ's or similar near you? I get my HD foil there and it's excellent.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                  Do you have a Costco, BJ's or similar near you? I get my HD foil there and it's excellent.
                  Costco for me Phil, have not seen the big rolls (500') butt the wife unit is typically the one buying ALL THE SH!T so I have to put her on alert for the big rolls next trip
                  sigpic

Comment

Them big ol oven roasting bags work really well to for the big stuff, then again, their not real cheap either.

Comment

Originally posted by 3montes View Post
                      Yeah thats a drawback. My shipping for the two items was over $18. That offsets alot of savings. But the convienence of shopping at home and not having to pay taxes...
                      I'm a internet shopper a lot meself...... Amazon free shipping adict The UPS guy know where I'm at
                      sigpic

Comment

I use the big roll of foil from Sam's. I love it. It is tough and cheap. I actually use it to wrap my foil pans so the bottoms don't get too messed up. I have been using the same roll of foil for almost a year now.
                        MES 30"
                        A-Maze-N pellet smoker
                        Weber 22" kettle
                        E-Z-Que rotisserie
                        Weber Smokey Joe
                        Big Weber Gasser
                        Cracker Smoker
                        UDS

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                          Them big ol oven roasting bags work really well to for the big stuff, then again, their not real cheap either.
                          Real slick with gator
                          sigpic

Comment

I read the reviews on the Sams Club web site on their similar foil and they were negative. Apparently their foil recently has changed. Most people complained about it having gotten much thinner and if not handled with care will tear easily.
                            Exactly what I was trying to avoid.

The Sams is about a half hour from us and we aren't members. Went in there about a month ago to see if I could find anything to get excited enough about to pay the $35 for joining. I couldn't. I wasn't that impressed with the meat by either price or quality. Besides my local grocery store meat manager and I are pretty friendly. He takes care of me.

Other than that I didn't see anything I couldn't get as cheap at Wal Mart and not have to pay to be a member. Plus the half hour drive.

Also I noticed at the Web Restaraunt store if I would have called myself a business I could have saved $4 on shipping.

Comment

I can't believe nobody brought up Restaurant Depot.
                              Best place to go for all your cooking needs, amazing prices, beautiful cuts of meat and are so huge it takes a few hours just to tour the entire place!
                              Watch out for the forklifts though, they are constantly zipping around and restocking items throughout the day. If you hear the beeping as you wheel your enourmous cart "big enough to hold several full size doors on" towards a corner of an isle they are sipping by.

Anyway...somehow got into a long discussion about RD and I guess cause I love the place so much but this was only assuming you hadn't shopped there before but the point I was trying to portray is that RD has restaurant style product and a roll of their foil for around $28 or so lasted me just over 3 years of double wrapping butts and using on just about everything including tenting or laying on a surface just cause I didn't want to get it dirty.

And did I mention I love Restaurant Depot?
                              And a tip for anyone who may not know, all KCBS members are allowed to get one day pass when they want to shop there
                              There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X