Orange Blossom Candied Cranberries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Blossom Candied Cranberries

I made some seasonal orange blossom candied cranberries. Wonderfully addictive.

Recipe from Food52

Makes 1 1/2 cups

1 cup water
    2 teaspoons orange blossom water
    2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
    1 cup fresh cranberries

Bring water, orange blossom water, and 1 cup of sugar to a boil in a saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then remove from the heat.

Cool the sugar syrup for ten minutes, then add the cranberries to the saucepan and allow to cool completely.

Transfer the cranberries and syrup to an air-tight container and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.

Spread the remaining sugar on a plate. Drain the soaked cranberries very well (but don't forget them and let them dry out or the sugar won't stick!) and then, working slowly by the small handful, toss a few cranberries at a time in the sugar, coating well.

Put the sugar-coated cranberries on a baking sheet and allow to dry for at least an hour before serving.

These candied cranberries keep in an air-tight container for 2 to 3 days before getting soft.
    sigpic
    Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
    -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
    -AMNPS
    -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
    gizmos and hornswaggles

Cool post those look really good
    sigpic
    Weber 22.5 kettle
    Smokin in the Smokies
    Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
    Jerry

Comment

Cool idear!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

My wife loves these.
        Jim

Comment

Those sure put an aching on my sweet tooth that I'm not supposed to use.
          sigpic
          It's Better When Cooked in the Backyard and Served on the Porch
          A man just can't have to many toys..
          Akorn smoker

Comment

Working...
          X