Lang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang?

Saw this on Craigslist and my lust for a trailer smoker has me looking hard but wondering if this is a legit Lang?

http://salem.craigslist.org/for/5737908683.html

Sent from my C=64 using Tapatalk

well given the chrome chimneys and the suspiciously gas cylinder looking rounded end - I'd be surprised if that was a lang.

On the other hand, could well be better build quality - by all accounts, that's not hard.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Looks right to me. Older Langs were made from propane tanks. Warmer looks right also from what can be seen. Can't see the fire box ?? Someone dressed up the exhaust ??
      Should have a tag with a serial number from Lang. Can't remember where they put them on older models.
      Rich will probably know.
      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
        Looks right to me. Older Langs were made from propane tanks. Warmer looks right also from what can be seen. Can't see the fire box ?? Someone dressed up the exhaust ??
        Should have a tag with a serial number from Lang. Can't remember where they put them on older models.
        Rich will probably know.
        On the frame rail by the tongue typically. Not the right exhaust..never seen a dual, or chrome. And yes..the older ones were tanks,.round ends. Warmer and firebox look a bit small... but.. could be an OLD one modded?

Would need better picts.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Lang?

Thanks guys. I emailed him and asked for a photo of the tag. He said he didn't buy it new but is an original Lang 84 deluxe .

Will see if it's got a tag on it . Seller is confident it's legit and all 1/4"

Dj

Last edited by Dj26; 09-04-2016, 09:07 AM.

Comment

oh my,,,
            thats a dandy...
            ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
            ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Yea I'm warming to it

Comment

Interesting. Stacks too? they ALL had a hood over them. Well, that’s minor I suppose... I'd offer a few bux less I guess...
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  Interesting. Stacks too? they ALL had a hood over them. Well, that’s minor I suppose... I'd offer a few bux less I guess...

I never offer the full price it's just not in my nature . Will see what happens also have to negotiate with the wife

Comment

Originally posted by Dj26 View Post
                    I never offer the full price it's just not in my nature . Will see what happens also have to negotiate with the wife

Therein lies the possible problem... that "negotiation" could increase your total "out of pocket' spend on this project... been there, done that...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                      Therein lies the possible problem... that "negotiation" could increase your total "out of pocket' spend on this project... been there, done that...
                      creative bookkeeping???
                      ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
                      ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Well there appears to be no tag or plate on it anywhere to confirm its a Lang [emoji848]

Still might be a beast but not a named brand beast

Comment

Originally posted by Dj26 View Post
                          Well there appears to be no tag or plate on it anywhere to confirm its a Lang [emoji848]

Still might be a beast but not a named brand beast
                          Like Rich said, the firebox and warmer looked too small, and the stacks ain't right. I'd hold off for the real deal if I were you...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                            Like Rich said, the firebox and warmer looked too small, and the stacks ain't right. I'd hold off for the real deal if I were you...
                            Or get the price down to something more aligned with a Lang imitator...
                            Might still be one hell of a smoker...
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                              Or get the price down to something more aligned with a Lang imitator...
                              Might still be one hell of a smoker...
                              Might be, butt the firebox appears too small... seems to be inadequate for such a large cooking chamber. Hard to tell from that photo...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X