This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Pictures Using PhotoBucket

Disclaimer: PhotoBucket has made changes to their site since this tutorial was created. The principle ideas remain the same but the screenshots may not match exactly what you see in PhotoBucket.

Disclaimer #2 5-11-2013
    PhotoBucket has made so many changes to their site that this tutorial probably won't make much sense anymore. They have done a spectacular job of making things way more difficult than they need to be.

One of the common ways to post pictures on this and other forums is to use an image hosting service such as PhotoBucket. If you've never done this before it can seem a little daunting but hopefully, this tutorial will help.

Creating an Account
    The first thing you need to do is to create a PhotoBucket account. Browse to www.photobucket.com and click the Join Now It's Free button.

Type in a Username and Password that you would like to use, and click Next Step.

If the Username you selected is available, it will take you to the next screen. Fill in the required fields. Cell phone is optional so you can just leave it blank. Type in the verification code and click I accept. Sign me up!

I have had my PhotoBucket account for over a year and I rarely get any emails from them. If sharing your information is a concern for you, you can make up a first name and last name and use a disposable email account such as Hotmail or something like that. A valid email account is handy though in case you ever forget your password.

If you see this screen

and you're not interested, just scroll down and you should see a Pass button.

Click on it and you should see this screen with the Username you used when signing up.

Creating an Album and Uploading Pictures
    I like to keep my pictures in separate Albums. It makes them easier for me to find.

The Albums section is on the left side of the screen.

To create a new Album, scroll down until you see the Add a New Album section. Type in the name for your new Album and click Save.

A page should come up telling you you are viewing the album you just created.

People generally upload pictures at 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 resolution. Pictures larger than this often times force people to scroll from side to side to see the entire picture. It's best to resize the picture before you upload it as it will speed up the upload process. But if you aren't sure how to do this, you can have PhotoBucket do it for you automatically.

Below the Upload Videos & Images button you will see the worls More Options.

Click on More Optons and the following screen will appear.

Click to select the size you want to use and click the Save button.

Note** You may have to increase your monitor's screen resolution in order to see the Save button.

You are now ready to upload pictures. Click the Upload Videos & Images button and a File Open Dialog box will appear. Browse to the directory on your computer where the pictures are saved.

If you want to upload several at a time, click the first one to highlight it

Hold down the Ctrl key and click the last one. All of them should be highlighted.

Click Open and you should see a progress bar showing the upload progress.

When the upload is done, a screen with the uploaded photos should appear.

At this point, I just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Return to Album.

You should now see all of the pictures you uploaded in a grid.

Posting Pictures.
    If you hover your mouse pointer over one of the pictures, you will notice that a box with some more information will drop down. It is the IMG Code that you will use to include the picture in your forum post.

Click the IMG Code for the picture that you want to post to copy it. (You used to have to right click the code then select Copy. Now, just clicking on the code will copy it for you.)

In your forum post, put the cursor where you want the picture to appear, right-click and click on Paste.

The IMG Code will be inserted in your message.

If you need to post another picture, repeat the Copy and Paste for the IMG Code for the additional pictures you want to add.

I like to leave a blank line between IMG Codes to space the pictures out but that's just me. Just hit Enter a couple of times to accomplish this.

Click on the Preview Post button

and your pictures should appear.

If it looks the way you like, click on the Submit button.

Hope this helps.

Dave
    Last edited by DDave; 09-17-2017, 10:52 AM.
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

I thought someone had already done this but I could not find the thread so I created this one.

I'm not completely done editing though and may make some minor changes after I fix the kids dinner.

If anyone sees any typos, just speak up.

Dave

On Edit: Okay, I think I'm done now. Unless someone spots something that needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by DDave; 11-10-2009, 11:25 AM.
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    -

Comment

Great Dave....PB had my butt kicked. Erain walked me thru it till I got it! Great job with this!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

for an excellent tutorial! I'm gonna "sticky" it...
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          for an excellent tutorial! I'm gonna "sticky" it...
          Thank you, sir.

%$#^ I forgot to add tags. I'd better go do that now.

Dave
          UDS 1.0
          Afterburner
          Weber Performer
          Blue Thermapen
          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
          Auber Smoker Controller
          -

Comment

Nice job dave.My hang up(few years back) was not hitting enter in my post a few times and leaving space before i right clicked paste of the IMG code...........

Definetly some I.T. for doing this...........Pointed out today on some good smokes.......I will catch you again my far northern(cal) friend........

Comment

Nicely done DDave. We needed that here. Kudos...
              ---------------------------------------------------
              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Great job on this Dave to ya for it
                Terry here
                Still have Christene

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                  I thought someone had already done this but I could not find the thread so I created this one.

I'm not completely done editing though and may make some minor changes after I fix the kids dinner.

If anyone sees any typos, just speak up.

Dave

On Edit: Okay, I think I'm done now. Unless someone spots something that needs to be fixed.
                  Hello Dave,
                  Really nice tutorial or i can say demo on the photobucket but i have one question regarding this is that can i use this steps also for other forums also?

Comment

Thanks Dave for this tutorial do you know how to load straight from your pc without PhotoBucket
                    thanks ahron

Comment

Originally posted by africanmeat View Post
                      Thanks Dave for this tutorial do you know how to load straight from your pc without PhotoBucket
                      thanks ahron
                      I just did it for the first time yesterday
                      Click on the paper clip attachment. A box will pop up to upload attachments. You can upload several at once. Then when you are ready to attach the pics click on the paper clip again and a drop box should appear with the pics you uploaded to choose from

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Thanks i will try it at home

Comment

Great Tutorial for a computer "Challenged" individual such as myself.
                          Thank you Sir
                          Steve
                          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by africanmeat View Post
                            thanks ahron
                            I just wanted to add some more info to the posting pictures party!

I have a a Cannon powershot. When your viewing a pic you can hit the menu button and scroll down to "resize" and reduce the size of the pic on the camera. Then take the SD card out and put it in my computer.

When i want to post the pic i upload it straight from the card to the thread using the.......[Manage attachments]..[choose file].....[upload].

Don't mess with photobucket or even have to download the pic to my computer.
                            "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

Bump.

Someone was looking for it.

Dave
                              UDS 1.0
                              Afterburner
                              Weber Performer
                              Blue Thermapen
                              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                              Auber Smoker Controller
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X