No announcement yet.

2017 Bacon Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I smoked some for 4 days once per Deb's recipe, but you past that even unless you holding out on the sliced pics after smoke.

But your recipe sounds like it be good. You keeping Bassman in line out there?
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
      I know I smoked some for 4 days once per Deb's recipe, but you past that even unless you holding out on the sliced pics after smoke.

But your recipe sounds like it be good. You keeping Bassman in line out there?
      Hey Erain!! Great to hear from you - hope the elk hunt was good.

Yeah....I just can't get my head around that long of a smoke...but I'm sure it is good or they wouldn't do it.

Nobody can keep Bassman in line!

Slice picts coming up!!

Comment

Well folks, finally finished this project. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Ended up with 23 lbs packed for the freezer.

Then what to do with those pesky end pieces....

Instead of saving them for beans, etc.....Ladies and Gentlemen...I introduce you to the Bacon Rose! Rolled everything up as tight as I could, slung a string around it, and will be tossing this tasty bit in the smoker with my Christmas Beast. I'm thinking it's going to be da bomb!!

Thanks for checking out my bacon project. I'll post the results of the Bacon Rose in a few days.

Merry Christmas!!
        Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
          Dang - I missed this one somehow! for the baconator!!
          Thanks, US!!

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
          Still waiting for the sliced pics. Better yet, still waiting for a test package.
          Ya, Ya... I got it!

Comment

Looks Great Tracey!!!---

Nice Job!

What to do with Ends?!?!
            I just like to Fry some up & munch on them while watching my Eagles Kick Butt !!!

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
            X