Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sous-Vide Method

Sous-Vide Method Your Hot Tub Cooking Forum, Learn It, Teach It, Share It.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Casings, seasonings cheese and the like
Last Post: Blinginpse
Posted On: 12-15-2017
Replies: 51
Views: 621
0 Safeway / Albertsons Ribeye Sale
Last Post: driedstick
Replies: 5
Views: 74
0 He said "you can't make bacon like"
Last Post: Uncle Sauce
Replies: 17
Views: 166
0 SV Reheating my Prime Rib
Last Post: rexster314
Replies: 12
Views: 177
0 Upgrading meat slicer
Last Post: rexster314
Replies: 38
Views: 325
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,466 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,986 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 644,918 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 08-11-2017, 01:14 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Default Filet Mignon Cheesesteaks (Open Face)

Filet Mignon Cheesesteaks (Open Face)

Most Tender Cheesesteaks Ever!!

I put a nice slice of Beef Tenderloin in my Sous Vide Supreme @ 132 for 90 minutes.

Then sliced it up for Sammies, added some American Cheese & Hot Peppers on some small steak rolls with Steak Sauce on the rolls.

I gotta eat it with a fork, but I get more guts than roll this way!!

These things were Fantastic, and Mrs Bear loved hers too, but without the Hot Peppers. She's real glad to be home!!!!

Bear
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1313.jpg (57.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1314.jpg (46.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1316.jpg (43.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1318.jpg (60.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1320.jpg (63.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1321.jpg (46.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1322.jpg (37.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1324.jpg (49.3 KB, 42 views)

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 08-11-2017, 02:11 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Oooh - Send one of those my way Bear!...for tasting purposes Looking good

Old 08-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Fishawn Wannabie

Doug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Yes please :)
Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
The Vortex
Old 08-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Looks real good! very nice!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 08-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

Very nice John.....if you ever want to skip one of those cause it has peppers on it, I'm available
Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 08-11-2017, 09:12 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

I'll bet that steak just melted in your mouth...
Old 08-12-2017, 08:32 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Looks to me like yer getting the hang of that SV... looks fabulous!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 08-12-2017, 09:21 AM
Been at it a while

Cowboy Bill Knows How To Mop The MeatCowboy Bill Knows How To Mop The Meat

I don't know, cheese and steak sauce of filet mignon? Sounds sinful to me, like putting ketchup on caviar.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:31 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
Oooh - Send one of those my way Bear!...for tasting purposes Looking good
Thank You Uncle!!

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. View Post
Yes please :)
Thank You Doug!

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkonbutts View Post
Looks real good! very nice!
Thanks Brian!!

Bear
Old 08-12-2017, 11:51 AM
The BBQer coneSEWER

Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All
Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All

Looks great to me John. And no cheese sauce either. The wife and I went to the east coast a few years ago, and when we hit Philadelphia, I was looking forward to an authentic Philly cheese steak. But i was real disappointed to find out that the real deal Philly Cheese Steak sammy used cheese sauce instead of melted cheese. Got to try that in the SV too.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Old 08-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Pit Master

SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All
SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis857 View Post
The wife and I went to the east coast a few years ago, and when we hit Philadelphia, I was looking forward to an authentic Philly cheese steak. But i was real disappointed to find out that the real deal Philly Cheese Steak sammy used cheese sauce instead of melted cheese.
Unfortunately, you went to the wrong place then. If you ever come back let me know.

Great looking sandwich Bear, I'd tear that up!

@SmokinJim52 on Twitter
Old 08-12-2017, 02:18 PM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

I'm pissed you didn't invite me for dinner....

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...
Old 08-12-2017, 02:35 PM
The BBQer coneSEWER

Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
Unfortunately, you went to the wrong place then. If you ever come back let me know.
I hope so, I was surprised to say the least when I saw the huge cans of cheese sauce. We went to that place, forgot the name, that was on the different food networks when talking about Philly Cheese Steaks. Maybe it was a downtown tourist trap??

Yoder YS640

Old 08-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelman View Post
Very nice John.....if you ever want to skip one of those cause it has peppers on it, I'm available
Thanks Pete!!

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
I'll bet that steak just melted in your mouth...
Thank You Craig!!
Yes it really did !!

And Thanks for the Points.

Bear
Old 08-13-2017, 11:05 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
Looks to me like yer getting the hang of that SV... looks fabulous!
Thank You Phil !!
I'm finally trying my challenge---I got a half of an Eye Round in my SV right now.
Be pulling it at 4 PM.

Bear

Quote:
Looks great to me John. And no cheese sauce either. The wife and I went to the east coast a few years ago, and when we hit Philadelphia, I was looking forward to an authentic Philly cheese steak. But i was real disappointed to find out that the real deal Philly Cheese Steak sammy used cheese sauce instead of melted cheese. Got to try that in the SV too.
Thanks Otis !!
That wasn't "The Real Deal Philly Cheesesteak" you had.
One of the Tourist attractions (Pat's ??) uses that tasteless Grease, and maybe a few others here & there, but the majority use Provolone, and maybe a few American Cheese.
And all of the Bars & Steak Hoagie joints between Philly and going North, through Montgomery, Bucks, and Lehigh counties use Provolone or American. I know this because I have consumed Thousands of Cheesesteaks & Webers over the last 55 years (beginning as a Teenager), in those counties & others.

Bear
Old 08-13-2017, 11:11 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
Thank You Phil !!
I'm finally trying my challenge---I got a half of an Eye Round in my SV right now.
Be pulling it at 4 PM.
I've done several eye roasts in the SV... what's your temp and cook time? Are you gonna sear afterwards?

~ P4 ~

And may they always be.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
I've done several eye roasts in the SV... what's your temp and cook time? Are you gonna sear afterwards?

I found about a dozen Eye Rounds, mostly on the Web.
They ranged between 131 and 138.
And times ranged from 24 hours to 50 hours, but most were between 24 and 30.

So I'm going with 132 for 27 hours.

I usually sear it, but I might not on this one.
Depending on how it comes out I think I might just take two small steaks out of the middle, and use the rest for Hot Roast Beef Sammies with Gravy over the works. That's been my favorite Cheap meal since I was about 8 years old.

Bear
Old 08-13-2017, 12:14 PM
The BBQer coneSEWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
Thanks Otis !!
That wasn't "The Real Deal Philly Cheesesteak" you had.
One of the Tourist attractions (Pat's ??) uses that tasteless Grease, and maybe a few others here & there, but the majority use Provolone, and maybe a few American Cheese.
And all of the Bars & Steak Hoagie joints between Philly and going North, through Montgomery, Bucks, and Lehigh counties use Provolone or American. I know this because I have consumed Thousands of Cheesesteaks & Webers over the last 55 years (beginning as a Teenager), in those counties & others.

Bear
Hey John, I looked it up and it was Pats King of Steaks (king of cheez whiz??). Genos was right there too. Just remember how disappointed I was to see the huge cans of Cheez Whiz lined up there. I guess I can see it when there may have been a real cheese shortage or it was maybe it was a lot more expensive to use actual cheese. I remember thinking thats just like Kraft mac & cheese vs. homemade Mac & cheese. Just aint the same! Glad to know I just fell victim to maximize the buck tourist hype and not an unique culinary trend that Philly hangs its hat on.

Yoder YS640

Old 08-13-2017, 12:41 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

Quote:
Hey John, I looked it up and it was Pats King of Steaks (king of cheez whiz??). Genos was right there too. Just remember how disappointed I was to see the huge cans of Cheez Whiz lined up there. I guess I can see it when there may have been a real cheese shortage or it was maybe it was a lot more expensive to use actual cheese. I remember thinking thats just like Kraft mac & cheese vs. homemade Mac & cheese. Just aint the same! Glad to know I just fell victim to maximize the buck tourist hype and not an unique culinary trend that Philly hangs its hat on.
Yup. Pat's and Geno's. Two staples in tourism and liquid cheese...

~ P4 ~

And may they always be.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sous-Vide Method