Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about this smoker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about this smoker??

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/smoke...with-bluetooth

Just jumped out at me in the sales circular... Never heard if it but curious if anyone has and overall experience... Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't personally, butt I looked it up on Amazon and reviews are worse than Bass Pro

Smoke Hollow D4015SS 40" Digital Electric Smoker with Smoke-Tronix Bluetooth Technology , Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTGJGPU..._iZwwAb88S249C
    sigpic

Comment

Well it's purty to look at...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah I mean the reviews are cruddy... And yeah it looks nice. I talked to the guy at Bass Pro(where I just came to) and he said that I have 90 days to decide I don't like it and return it. I might try for the heck of it... What do I have to lose?

Comment

Was just hoping people with firsthand experience might be able to chime in and say something about it before I loaded it into my truck lol

Comment

Bluetooth in your smoke.

Next thing you know the neighbor kid or the Russians will hack your smoker
            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
              Bluetooth in your smoke.

Next thing you know the neighbor kid or the Russians will hack your smoker
              I take any wattburner with a grain of salt. (Nuthin’ personal Padre’)

I know there’s people doing BBQ with them, but to me, they will always be fish/sausage/jerky machines... “lighter” smoking duty appliances.

Surely the convenience makes them attractive, and I can’t fault folks for liking that.

It’s not a ton of money, and if you get 90 days..well, I guess give it a run.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                I take any wattburner with a grain of salt. (Nuthin’ personal Padre’)
                You know I am not a fan either... Damn thing looks like an outdoor fridge for the patio
                Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Stands as tell as my MES on a stand and has what appears to be decent features. Spout for the water pan, grease catch, chip tray outside the unit... Seasoned it last night and will probably throw a rack of ribs in each tomorrow and see how they go.

Worst case, I can always use it as a very good looking food warmer for meat that I need to hold above 145 when it's done cooking, right?

Comment

you get after it!...you may just get in the fast lane & go wide open with it!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by jgruberman View Post
                      Seasoned it last night and will probably throw a rack of ribs in each tomorrow and see how they go.
                      Looking forward to the results/comparison... (pics)
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

First observation... I followed the seasoning directions and put wood chips in the drawer and this morning the wood chips were still there....never caught

Comment

Anyone know anything about this smoker??

First observation... I followed the seasoning directions and put wood chips in the drawer and this morning the wood chips were still there....never caught

Taking “ low and slow” to the next level I see...

Just out of curiosity, since you already have a MES40, why the addition of a second electric?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a sucker for a hefty markdown, and figured I'd just play around with something else to see how it worked. No real reason other than to try something new.

Comment

I'm a sucker for a hefty markdown, and figured I'd just play around with something else to see how it worked. No real reason other than to try something new.

I like the attitude here...
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X