Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Does Anyone Have a TEC G-SPORT Infrared Grill Possibly ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Does Anyone Have a TEC G-SPORT Infrared Grill Possibly ?

I am seriously considering getting the Tec G-Sport Grill and was just hoping someone out there may own one and be able to give me a bit of a review on it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Panthur; 11-03-2017, 11:36 AM.

I do not, there very well may be someone here that does though..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Nope but I do have an infrared grill and it's great....especially for cold climates.

I live in CO so we get some winter weather.

This is what I use with the gas: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-...ner/1000107415

I also use a BGE for grilling and it's my smoker and that to I bought due to climate.

I don't regret either one.

That's a small amount of help but that's all I got.
      Pete
      Large BGE
      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Wow, thay sure are proud of those things.

What makes a grill worth over 2 grand?
        Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Yup. I live up in Canada ( but very near to the US border ), so we get some pretty cold temps here as well. I suspect an infrared grill would do well in cold climate. I have a Mak 2 Star General and it can of course handle most cooking requirements but i am looking for something that is very fast and very hot for steaks and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthur View Post
            Yup. I live up in Canada ( but very near to the US border ), so we get some pretty cold temps here as well. I suspect an infrared grill would do well in cold climate. I have a Mak 2 Star General and it can of course handle most cooking requirements but i am looking for something that is very fast and very hot for steaks and such.
            Hey! There’s this cool stuff called “charcoal”. Seen it? It’s AMAZING stuff!
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I use everything. Charcoal, electric and gas powered infrared . I like the IR for grilling and searing. It gets crazy hot crazy fast. And no flare ups so you can use the entire surface.
              Weber Smoky Joe
              18" Weber Silver
              22.5" Weber Gold
              22.5" Weber Silver
              UDS X 2
              Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
              Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
              Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
              Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
              Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
              Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
              Blackstone three burner flat top
              5" AMZNPS
              Vortex x 2
              Maverick ET 73
              Maverick ET 732
              Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
              Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
              Pitmaster iQue 110
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                If I had said that I would get the ol "another tool in the belt" lecture again
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  Maybe some people don't have the time to get a chimney of charcoal going. That's why my Weber's have hardly been used the pellet grill gets the work.
                  sigpic

Comment

Same here, charcoal when I have the time and gasser when I'm pressed for time.

And for the record, stomach growling hungry=pressed for time. I turn into a gremlin if I don't eat regularly.
                    Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Exactly...... I dont have time for charcoal i dont believe. Want something fast, hot and easy.... ( talking about a cooker here in case someone got the wrong idea from that )

Comment

I got to say you don't seem to get much for your money.

It's a small gas bbq on a stand

why not simply buy a cheapo gas bbq and drop a sheet of the right kind of glass between the cooking surface and the burners - that's essentially all this is.
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

You are correct CA. It is a very expensive unit for sure. Right now i am using a ( portable )Weber Q2200 for the hot and fast cooks but i am always having issues with the burner completely lighting. Sometimes only 10% of it lights and i am always blowing on it or waving my hand over it to make wind so that the rest of it lights. I have already replaced the burner once as well. And its not great in the cold weather up here in Canada.

Comment

Heh yeah..I get it. Was just having fun :{)
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                            X