My first bacon attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strength_and_power View Post
    I figure I will use the ends and pieces mixed in with ground beef for burgers or meatloaf or I am open to suggestions
    Awesome job! Suggestion...

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...p=106#poststop
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks fantastic! What did you think of it?
      Mustang electric smoker
      King Kooker vertical gasser
      Charbroil silver smoker
      Earnhardt Jr smoker
      Brinkman smoke n' grill
      a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

My first bacon attempt

Originally posted by shellbellc View Post
        Looks fantastic! What did you think of it?

My initial impression of the ends and pieces was it was a bit on the salty side. Seems like there are several options to alleviate this. Will probably reduce the amount of cure slightly and increase the cure time as a first option.
        Did up some of the brown sugar bacon slices and the individual slices were perfect.

It's taken a lot of self control not to put myself in a bacon coma and cook up a bit of each flavor. We will see how long that lasts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by strength_and_power View Post
          Ok, so tonight I finished up the belly bacon attempt. Here are the sliced pics. I figure I will use the ends and pieces mixed in with ground beef for burgers or meatloaf or I am open to suggestions

Fried up a small portion of the ends and the flavor was awesome. A touch salty, hoping the inner pieces don't have that issue. Definitely some good data. Will be starting another round soon

Dayum fine job, S&P! Killer looking bacon and one hell of a slice job!

for your bacon project!

Comment

Nice Doins!
            I'm particularly intrigued by the jalapeno bacon, how was it???
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
              Nice Doins!

I'm particularly intrigued by the jalapeno bacon, how was it???

It was good. Not as strong of a jalapeņo flavor as I would have liked. I picked up some ground jalapeņo powder and am thinking I will add some TQ and brown sugar so it has more time to absorb.

Comment

Working...
              X