No announcement yet.

In need of new fire box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also what do you guys think about me taking my New Braunfels smoker and cutting the Firebox off and leaving the opening from the Firebox and making it up butterfly baffle and making it into a charcoal grill with a long charcoal basket

Comment

Originally posted by CrasyCarlos View Post
      Also what do you guys think about me taking my New Braunfels smoker and cutting the Firebox off and leaving the opening from the Firebox and making it up butterfly baffle and making it into a charcoal grill with a long charcoal basket
      I suggested that earlier.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

How do I do about seasoning this grill once I get it in the mail

Comment

How do I do about seasoning this grill once I get it in the mail
          Wipe down the inside of the smoker chamber with cooking oil, Crisco, or spray it with pam.. Start the smoker and run hot 300-325° add some wood chunks and let her rip for a few hours and leave the doors all closed during this time.. Once temps fall off shut down your intake and exhaust and let cool naturally..

All done your ready to go..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
            Wipe down the inside of the smoker chamber with cooking oil, Crisco, or spray it with pam.. Start the smoker and run hot 300-325° add some wood chunks and let her rip for a few hours and leave the doors all closed during this time.. Once temps fall off shut down your intake and exhaust and let cool naturally..

All done your ready to go..
            That is not bad. What about the outside to protect it. I am going to buy a cover for it. But just wantextra protection

Comment

That is not bad. What about the outside to protect it. I am going to buy a cover for it. But just wantextra protection
              No outside, just leave it be.. Use a cover if you would like.
              Ken

Comment

I used to spray pam on the outside of the firebox when it was hot every now and again. seemed to help keep the rust down after the cover was shot.
                Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Comment

I have heard of people saying they spray the grill with WD-40 and Pam. I was just wondering what all of you guys think about that

Comment

Pam is fine WD-40? Nope.

Comment

My firebox is protected by a thin layer of rust...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Or would the term be 'corrosion'?

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                        My firebox is protected by a thin layer of rust...
                        Much like your brain...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                          Much like your brain...
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

We'll I got my grill in the mail put it 95% together and shut the lid band the Damn thing was offset 1 inch to the right and 1 inch to the left. So the grill would not shut correctly I could stick my fingers in and touch the Great. Call Char-Griller and they sent me out a new one immediately. Got it in today. And getting ready to put it together and praying that it fits together correctly. Funny thing is UPS didn't want to take the grill that was damaged so now I have 2 grills

Comment

We'll I got my grill in the mail put it 95% together and shut the lid band the Damn thing was offset 1 inch to the right and 1 inch to the left. So the grill would not shut correctly I could stick my fingers in and touch the Great. Call Char-Griller and they sent me out a new one immediately. Got it in today. And getting ready to put it together and praying that it fits together correctly. Funny thing is UPS didn't want to take the grill that was damaged so now I have 2 grills

Extra parts..
                              Ken

Comment

We'll ups ended up coming to get the extra grill. But i may have kept a couple things to make the grill better. Extra grates, grate puller, wheels. Got the grill seasoning right now,in the back yard. And tomorrow for fathers day going to throw on some ribs and corn for my daddy meal!!

Comment

Working...
                                X