Easter Ham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Ham

Want to smoke a ham for Easter..anyone have any recipes for smoking a ham? I'm new to smoking btw. This will be my first smoke in my MES 30.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hopefully Bear carver will come by he owns the MES style. I have stolen/modified a few of Bear's recipes and have been delighted with the results. And if you ask him he'll send you a great PDF with all his tricks and recipes.
    I did find this however...
    http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...=smoking+a+ham

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Shoot View Post
      Want to smoke a ham for Easter..anyone have any recipes for smoking a ham? I'm new to smoking btw. This will be my first smoke in my MES 30.

We always get the spiral cut hams from Costco and use the glaze that comes with them. I cook them with Apple chunks, indirect, on a Weber kettle in an aluminum pan. I think its 250* for 2 hours recommended

They come oot great, get a little char on a few areas of the ends also, which people seem to like. If I remember correctly, instructions call for glazing 10 minutes prior to finishing? I would add another 5-10 minutes to that. Just me though.
      sigpic

Comment

Be sure to get the "ham with natural juices" rather than "water product"...

I use the spiral sliced...rubbed with mustard forcing the mustard in between the slices...Mad Hunky general purpose rub...Smoke in the smoker or the grill till 140 degrees...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Shoot View Post

Double Smoked is the way to go.
          Been eating them for about 40 years, but only doing my own for about 7 years.

Here's one where I did a total of 4 Double Smoked Hams:
          http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21317

I'll try to find my Newer Smoke of only One Double Smoked Ham:

On Edit---Here's the "One Ham" Smoke:
          http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42613

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Make sure you get a "cured" ham! One that has been smoked/cooked. The stores sometimes sell fresh ham, that is not cured and has to be handled entirely differently.
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R;644893[B
              ]Make sure you get a "cured" ham![/B] One that has been smoked/cooked. The stores sometimes sell fresh ham, that is not cured and has to be handled entirely differently.
              Absolutely!
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X