Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Vortex Wings
Last Post: Fishawn
Posted On: 09-23-2017
Replies: 6
Views: 54
0 When Your Vegan Son Comes Home From College.... Vortex!
Last Post: Kicken Asphalt
Replies: 13
Views: 156
0 Another Photobucket Workaround
Last Post: DDave
Replies: 28
Views: 271
0 No Meat Calls For Sweet Heat
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 7
Views: 83
0 Yet Another Pulled Pork Thread...
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 43
Views: 725
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,344 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,590 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 638,556 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 09-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Default Pan Seared Salmon with Herbed Vegetables and Grilled Shrimp Kebab more fer school

Mise en Place for Pan Seared Salmon

Top is the whole (half) salmon filet. Bottom, the cut, cleaned and deboned salmon. I only skinned the portion that I'm using for this assignment.

Clockwise from the top left. Parboiling the tomato. Boiling the carrots and refreshing the tomato .Boiling the parsnips and refreshing the carrots. And boiling the asparagus and refreshing the turnips.

Clockwise from the top left. The seasoned salmon. Placing the salmon in the heated rice bran oil. First piece turned over. And second piece turned over.

While the salmon is cooking I started the shrimps.
Top, the shrimp are skewered. Bottom, the marinade is applied.

Clockwise from the top left. The Kabobs are on the grill. The Kabobs flipped over. And flipped back over again briefly, finished.

Clockwise from the top left. The vegetables have been added to the heated olive oil. The vegetables and spices added to a bowl. And mixed together in the bottom photo.

My plated Pan Seared Salmon with Herbed Vegetables. Surrounded with Balsamic Vinegar Glaze and Grilled Shrimp.

I could not find whole salmon so I used a deboned fillet of wild caught sockeye salmon. I only skinned the portion that I was going to use for this assignment. The rest will become Lox!
Very flavorful, perfectly flaky salmon with very nicely herbed vegetables. Very tasty. There isn't any one thing that stands out, it all just works together very nicely.
I added the shrimp as an appetizer on the plate, a very nice accompaniment.

Marinade for the shrimp.
0.25 cups Pure Olive Oil
3 cloves Garlic
2 tsp Lemon Juice
3 sprigs Parsley

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Another great plate!! well done...like the way those shrimps look!!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 09-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Pit Master

bwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To All
bwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To Allbwerth42 Is  A Name Known To All

Beautiful plate. It all looks great!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 4

Old 09-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Pit Master

SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All
SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkonbutts View Post
..like the way those shrimps look!!
I like the way EVERYTHING looks! Excellent plate Mark.

@SmokinJim52 on Twitter
Old 09-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Can't Get BIG W/O The Pig

BIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To All
BIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To All

Very nice cook, it all looks Great...I have some for ya...
Big Chief Electric smoker
Brinkmann barrel smoker
LEM sausage stuffer
Cabela's pro HD grinder
Maverick ET-732
ThermoWorks Thermapen
GrillGrates
Old 09-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Shoot it, Cook it, Eat it

RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All
RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All

Very nice job Mark. When I win the lottery I'll hire you to be my cook. Lol.
S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
New Braunfels Bandera
UniFlame Gas Grill
Lil Chief
Old 09-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Smoke it & they will come

Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All
Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All

Mark, your plated pic of your salmon, shrimp & vegetables is one of the best I have seen. It looks incredible and very professional. At least to me. poi-nuts for you!

Rob
Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
SmokingPit.com
Road-Quest.com

Yoder YS640
Yoder Wichita
Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale

Old 09-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkonbutts View Post
Another great plate!! well done...like the way those shrimps look!!
Thanks, the shrimps were excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwerth42 View Post
Beautiful plate. It all looks great!
Thanks B42!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
I like the way EVERYTHING looks! Excellent plate Mark.
Thanks SOB and Points too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGLOPEZ View Post
Very nice cook, it all looks Great...I have some for ya...
Thank You Big "G"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyRay View Post
Very nice job Mark. When I win the lottery I'll hire you to be my cook. Lol.
Thanks Ray....butt don't it get kinda cold up there.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Mark, your plated pic of your salmon, shrimp & vegetables is one of the best I have seen. It looks incredible and very professional. At least to me. poi-nuts for you!

Thank Ya Rob, preciate it!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Old 09-02-2013, 06:42 PM
I like meat

Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All
Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All

Beautiful plate Mark!!! I guess all culinary students have to do salmon. On my final last quarter I had to do a poached salmon using a court bouillon. I got an A, but I sure like the looks of yours much better! Nice plating too.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
Beautiful plate Mark!!! I guess all culinary students have to do salmon. On my final last quarter I had to do a poached salmon using a court bouillon. I got an A, but I sure like the looks of yours much better! Nice plating too.
Thanky Miss"S"!
I think they (we) have to use salmon cuase it's the only thing you can find everywhere!

Old 09-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Outstanding!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Shoot it, Cook it, Eat it

RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All
RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Thanks Ray....butt don't it get kinda cold up there.......
Sure it does, but the kitchen is the warmest place in the house. Especially next to the stove. Lol.
S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
New Braunfels Bandera
UniFlame Gas Grill
Lil Chief

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Seafood