Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 09-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Default Braised Lamb Shanks... from school - last one I promise.

There are a bunch more pics and assignments, but this is the last assignment that relates to here well. And as I've finished the "cooking" part of the course and on to the Business and PR BS.... I can now go back to cookin what I want!

My Mise en Place for Braised Lamb Shanks.

Clockwise from the top left. Seasoning the lamb and heating the oil. The shanks are in the pan and I've seasoned the other side. The lamb has been turned once. And turned again.

Clockwise from the top left. Sweating the onion and garlic. Adding 2/3 of the paysanne and sweating. Adding the tomato paste. And caramelizing the tomato paste

Clockwise from the top left. Degazing the pan. Adding the herbs. The lamb has been returned to the pan and the stock is being added. Simmering the covered lamb.

Clockwise from the top left. The lamb shanks are in the oven. Just out of the oven. The lamb has been removed from the pan and I'm adding the remaining wine. And straining the sauce over the meat.

Top left, blanching the remaining 1/3 paysanne. Bottom right pan frying the paysanne in butter.

My finished plate of Braised Lamb Shanks topped with toasted pine nuts and mint and basil chiffonade.

The lamb shanks were excellent! Moist, fall off the bone tender and very flavorful. The meat was very rich, like beef but more robust. Almost like venison, very nice! The Lamb Shanks were garnished with the blanched, pan fried paysanne vegetables. I cut the mint and basil chiffonade to paysanne size to match the vegetables.

I think I like the format I came up with for the photos, I can get a lot in a small space.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

That looks great! I have to say i am kinda disappointed that is the last one!! Oh well I am sure you will give up some more great things soon! Keep after it!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 09-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkonbutts View Post
That looks great! I have to say i am kinda disappointed that is the last one!! Oh well I am sure you will give up some more great things soon! Keep after it!
The last one from school, I kinda like the format and I get to cook what I WANT now!
There will be more posts!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Old 09-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Smoke it & they will come

Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All
Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All

Mark, what a delicious looking cook!

Rob
Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
SmokingPit.com
Road-Quest.com

Yoder YS640
Yoder Wichita
Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale

Old 09-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

That is just beautiful, Mark!

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 09-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Pit Master

erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All
erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All

Nice looking shanks Mark, one can only imagine how incredible they must taste. They always say that meat from areas with the most connective tissue like the "shanks" have the most flavor. They just need to be cooked properly to get a good product to serve. And looks like you most certainly did a very fine job on that.

You may be done with the cooking part in school and now we get to see MarkR unleashed. As always look forward to your threads.
Dutch Ovens and other CI
Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Old 09-04-2013, 09:57 AM
miss ya gary....

chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All
chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All

love me some shanks..........

it's all good my friend..........
Old 09-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Looks Great, Mark!!!

I give you an A+ !!!---------------

Bear
Old 09-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

shanks look superb

Not sure about the salad bit though

Quote:
Chiffonade (French pronunciation: ​[ʃi.fɔ.nad]) is a chopping technique in which herbs or leafy green vegetables (such as spinach and basil) are cut into long, thin strips.[1] This is accomplished by stacking leaves, rolling them tightly, then slicing the leaves perpendicular to the roll.[2] The technique can also be applied to crepes or thin omelets to produce strips.
guessing you meant something different ?

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 09-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Seasoned Smoker

dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All
dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All

Nice looking food Mark! That last plate shot is a thing of beauty!

Yoder YS640
Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
Frogmats
Maverick ET 732
Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

Old 09-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
shanks look superb

Not sure about the salad bit though

guessing you meant something different ?
Usually they would be chopped thin, in this case I cut them to match the paysanne veggies...as I explained in the post.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgarner06 View Post
Nice looking food Mark! That last plate shot is a thing of beauty!
Thanks Deano!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
There are a bunch more pics and assignments, but this is the last assignment that relates to here well.
Bummer, there was some cool stuff, even got me thinking about taking some lessons from some serious pros.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelmore View Post
Bummer, there was some cool stuff, even got me thinking about taking some lessons from some serious pros.
Welll, there might be a couple more......tomorrow

Old 09-24-2013, 07:06 PM
<----Culinary Genius

gmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To All
gmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To All

Very nice. I think lamb is my favorite red meat. That plated pic looks fantabulous. I am jealous of your skill sir.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmotoman View Post
Very nice. I think lamb is my favorite red meat. That plated pic looks fantabulous. I am jealous of your skill sir.
Thanks "G" man!

Old 09-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Fired up!

BBQ Bob Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Bob Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Bob Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Bob Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Bob Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Bob Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Bob Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Bob Is  A Name Known To All

Very nice Mark!!!!! I'd like to try some of these assignments!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Lamb