Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sports Talk

Sports Talk The Only Other Thing That Goes Good With Que & Brew, Is Sports. For You Sportz Junkies

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Snack sticks on MES
Last Post: DanMcG
Posted On: 12-17-2017
Replies: 25
Views: 323
0 Hello from Canada
Last Post: Sledhead01
Posted On: 12-17-2017
Replies: 12
Views: 111
0 $3.98 A lb Ribeye Dinner On A Smokey Joe
Last Post: Fishawn
Posted On: 12-16-2017
Replies: 2
Views: 42
0 Did We Miss These Birthdays?? THUMPERRRR & TKOBBQ
Last Post: crusty ol salt
Replies: 4
Views: 44
0 Safeway / Albertsons Ribeye Sale
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 17
Views: 225
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,469 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,995 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 645,108 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 09-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
John,

And the route is a circle!

My point---Exactly!!!

Bear

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Mike it's not just MWR, it's NASCAR itself, Carl Edwards was farther in front of the "#1" car on that last restart than Jimmy Johnson was a few weeks ago. They sent JJ to the back of the pack. Carl gets a clean slate. It just balanced out the MFG and sponsor presence in the "chase".
Total Bullchit.
I know you a die hard fan, I was too for a long long time. All my buds that we all used go to every race we could get to. All done, I'm the last one, was - done.
It's not real, simple. It's not real fun anymore, but that comes back to it's not real anymore. It's manipulated too much.
Good luck with it.
Still hope 88 wins it though!
They went out of their we to make sure Jeff didnt make it. I'll be rooting for a hendricks car to win. i would really like to see Kasey Kahne pull it out of his arse...
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
Chargriller SnP well modified
one ugly ass drum smoker
New Braunfels Bandera in dry dock for a service life extension overhaul

and

saving for a trailer mounted 60" reverse flow for my christmas present
Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Sous Vide Free Zone

IrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To All
IrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To All

So, after a bit of research, l see that this nascar thing started out way back as guys trying to run shine, evolved into a sport with guys building cars in their driveways out of old beaters to race on a friday night, and has transitioned into a multi billion dollar industry that has almost no similarity to the way it started back years ago. And with lots and lots of money involved.
Can't understand why you all are so upset......lt sounds a lot like pro wrestling under the McMahon empire.......sports entertainment.... alll designed to maximize revenue through creative manipulation, while making certain folks rich (er) , at the expense of the fans.......
Old 09-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishChef View Post
lt sounds a lot like pro wrestling under the McMahon empire.......sports entertainment.... alll designed to maximize revenue through creative manipulation, while making certain folks rich (er) , at the expense of the fans.......
Exactly! Thank you IC for summing it up!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Rub Mixer

michael ark Knows How To Maintain A Pit

I stoped watching after gordens car grew to pass inspection. That was back in the winston cup days.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

Have attended over 35 Cup races...Have been to wrestling events. Harley Race, Pak Som Nam, Dusty Rhodes...so they are old fart wrestlers. Entertainment...saw how that made some people happy. Won't get into the dynamics of racing...most people can't understand....wedge, track bar, spring rubber, balance, splitter, loose, fast, Martinsville Hot Dogs! I just don't care...Be like somebody who want's to fly & go to the Reno Air Races...pylons at 500+...Yes Nascar does not have a published rule book to download in PDF...Stand down Hall...If it makes you happy like Red Wing boots! Who gives a rats...Not upset...would like to see who want's to run at 180+ in a car...I did at Dega...was not in a pack or near 200+...was not scared, but was wfo with emotion, like when I was mach 2+ in a fighter...is cool...

Old 09-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

I can understand why some folks don't "get" NASCAR...
To those folks I say this...Get to a race...Watch cars going 190 MPH...Listen to the sound of 900 hp...No...Listen to the sound of 43 cars at once with 900 hp...OK...Some folks aint into the mechanical...Till ya get there...The feeling is overwhelming...Ground shaking...But when they flash past ya so quickly that ya cant see anything but a flash...Well then ya realize that watchin on TV has never really told ya the whole story...These guys will get closer to each other at 190 mph than I will park next to a car at Walmart...That's some friggin balls...Hockey stick and puck aint got nothing on that...Pussies eh!

And indeed it has become a capitalistic business...So what...I love race cars and always will
Old 09-10-2013, 10:18 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
These guys will get closer to each other at 190 mph than I will park next to a car at Walmart...That's some friggin balls...Hockey stick and puck aint got nothing on that...Pussies eh!
You don't understand. Hockey provides similar g-forces without a roll cage.
Somebody hit him with a puck... or take him hard into the dasher boards
Old 09-11-2013, 12:10 AM
🌵

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
You don't understand. Hockey provides similar g-forces without a roll cage.
Somebody hit him with a puck... or take him hard into the dasher boards
Oh yah!!! Old time hockey, eh?
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 09-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Sous Vide Free Zone

IrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To All
IrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
Oh yah!!! Old time hockey, eh?
Classic.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanted88 View Post
Have attended over 35 Cup races...Have been to wrestling events. Harley Race, Pak Som Nam, Dusty Rhodes...so they are old fart wrestlers. Entertainment...saw how that made some people happy. Won't get into the dynamics of racing...most people can't understand....wedge, track bar, spring rubber, balance, splitter, loose, fast, Martinsville Hot Dogs! I just don't care...Be like somebody who want's to fly & go to the Reno Air Races...pylons at 500+...Yes Nascar does not have a published rule book to download in PDF...Stand down Hall...If it makes you happy like Red Wing boots! Who gives a rats...Not upset...would like to see who want's to run at 180+ in a car...I did at Dega...was not in a pack or near 200+...was not scared, but was wfo with emotion, like when I was mach 2+ in a fighter...is cool...
Hey Mike I did this bout 15 years ago,
http://www.drivepetty.com/race-track...ional-speedway
Before they made ya have an "instructor" sit on the right hand side with ya. I think I got to 185, was fine. Actually damn fine, wish I could do it again.
I hear ya loud and clear, I understand an I been there. The BS level just got to me with that last race and all the contrived "stuff" that happened. Just used to be a lot more fun.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Old 09-11-2013, 09:50 PM
in Memoriam

Capt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Heh..yes they are...

Drop the crotch boys! We goin' skatin!
hahahaha

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)
Old 09-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

And they added Jeff Gordon to the chase. Don't go there with me & the cheating $h!t...MWR & Penske...got what they deserved...Bowyer is now the scab who crossed a conduct line. Newman & Gordon deserve to be in the hunt.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
And they added Jeff Gordon to the chase. Don't go there with me & the cheating $h!t...MWR & Penske...got what they deserved...Bowyer is now the scab who crossed a conduct line. Newman & Gordon deserve to be in the hunt.
With ya 100%! You right onnit!

The cheatin chit is what ticked me off, didn't think they man up an do anything, my bad!
I hate to say it but Boyer just did what he was told. Don't like it at all but if you want a ride next year...... He toast now.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Quote:
With ya 100%! You right onnit!

The cheatin chit is what ticked me off, didn't think they man up an do anything, my bad!
I hate to say it but Boyer just did what he was told. Don't like it at all but if you want a ride next year...... He toast now.
karma has a way of taking care of things. the only way to fix this problem is to do away with the stupid chase.

Go 24
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
Chargriller SnP well modified
one ugly ass drum smoker
New Braunfels Bandera in dry dock for a service life extension overhaul

and

saving for a trailer mounted 60" reverse flow for my christmas present
Old 09-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

And still Edwards gets to jump the restart without penalty...

Now Im thinkin of the controversy if Gordon wins the championship...Not like he will...Just sure would fire up the J.G. haters...
Old 09-14-2013, 09:33 AM
WATT BURNER

morkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Gordon for #5 or anyone but Jimmy/Joey.

SS R.F. Is For Sale
Old 09-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Think Newman & Kurt Busch gonna get after it...just me thinkin...

Old 09-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Barque Berner

Still don't unerstand how Edwards gets away with that restart...cept they don't want JJ in first place goin in....maybe.
If it was JJ - back o de pack son!
Don know, still ain't right.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sports Talk