Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 04-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

ShowMeState1977 Is Just Starting Out

Would you use the same 3-2-1 method with a charcoal water smoker? I ask because wouldn't foiling it, with liquid after 3 hours of being in the charcoal water smoker, soak the ribs more than necessary?

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 04-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Smoke it & they will come

Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All
Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All

I boil mine!

Rob
Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
SmokingPit.com
Road-Quest.com

Yoder YS640
Yoder Wichita
Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale

Old 04-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowMeState1977 View Post
Would you use the same 3-2-1 method with a charcoal water smoker? I ask because wouldn't foiling it, with liquid after 3 hours of being in the charcoal water smoker, soak the ribs more than necessary?
No, the water pan is more about keeping the temp down.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Smokin meat Wu-Tang Style

wutang Is  A Name Known To All
wutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowMeState1977 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
No, the water pan is more about keeping the temp down.
I agree with Mark R. The water pan is more about maintaining even temps than providing moisture. Wrapping the ribs is certainly optional. Lots of people don't wrap ribs and have great results. This is just a basic "how-to" for someone looking to create a very tender finished product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
LOL that's my Make shift food warmer at home.

Nice tutorial Wu, However I don't use the 3 - 2 -1 I go by looks, smell, wobbly test. :)

I am glad you have something that works well for you. I do wrap my ribs, but I look at it more as another opportunity to add another layer of flavor. I generally don't wrap for as long as described in this tutorial. But I do like to wrap for a while, usually more like 45 minutes to an hour depending on temps.
KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan
Old 04-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

Wutang is Smooooth!

Old 04-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Pit Master

northern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I boil mine!
BLASPHEMY!!!

GOSM
K.C.B.S Member # 60786
Digital Thermometers
Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I boil mine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by northern greenhorn View Post
BLASPHEMY!!!

BBq Bubba Starter Kit..

Seems to have worked out for him.. He does have his own Q business..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 04-24-2011, 08:26 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
BBq Bubba Starter Kit..
Seems to have worked out for him.. He does have his own Q business..
USED to... actually. Altho I don't think it was the boiled ribs that folded him up...
Old 04-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
USED to... actually. Altho I don't think it was the boiled ribs that folded him up...

Have his own Biz??

Or

Boil his Ribs??

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 04-24-2011, 08:35 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
Have his own Biz?? Or Boil his Ribs??
Heh... He folded up the roadside thing last year. He works as pitmaster at Lockharts.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Fire Starter

Coach_71 Is Just Starting Out

I canot do it, I tried rubs.. I tried sauces during cooking.. But to me nothing is better on ribs than a nice sweet beer as a baste and dip into sauce as you eat.. Again, this is for me, but something special with the combination of rib meat, honey brown, and smoke.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Smoke it & they will come

Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All
Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All

Did I mention I boil my ribs then do a 4-6-1 method?

Rob
Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
SmokingPit.com
Road-Quest.com

Yoder YS640
Yoder Wichita
Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale

Old 09-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

RSQ-U911 Is Just Starting Out
Default 321 ribs :>)

Can't wait to try this on the smoker I'm building.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:50 AM
Fire Starter

Location: Mentor on the Lake, Ohio. Eastern Suburb of Greater Cleveland, Lake County right on Lake Erie.
jbair Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingjbair Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingjbair Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingjbair Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingjbair Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grilling

So, I've been using the 3-2-1 method successfully for the last few years. I am wondering if anyone has tried an adaptation of this by open smoking for the 3 hours and then storing until the day of use and bring meat back to temp then foil for 2 hours and finish open the last hour or so. I'm thinking of times when I just want a quicker prep time could have a few slabs Pre-smoked in the freezer and finish the day of use. You know how they go on sale and could prep 4 or 5 meals worth for the 3 hours then vac em up for later. I'm not sure if this would mess with the whole cooking process.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:06 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

I cook my ribs totally, then vac seal the rack and freeze. Re-heat is thaw, remove from bag, place in a pan (bone side down) with a bit of apple juice, foil, and place in the oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Perfect.

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 02-26-2016, 09:05 AM
Wrap it in bacon

Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All

I do the 3 on the smoker then I do the 2 in the oven and smoke other stuff (ABTs or baked beans) for that 2 hours. Then the last hour back on the smoker. I only have a weber kettle so that way I can almost finish everything at the sametime.

Weber 22.5 kettle
Smokin in the Smokies
Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
Jerry

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Pork

Tags
2-2-1, 3-2-1, ribs