Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 01-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Rub Mixer

PigCicles Knows How To Maintain A Pit
Default Brisket & Ground Beef Chili

Wasn't going to post this cuz it's already out at other places. But to hang out with Tip at the boring level I thought I'd throw it out there.

For the last cook of the year I combined my last smoke with the last stove cook of the year. My original plan was to use the ginormous 30 Qt pot but there just wasn't enough to make it worth using it just yet. So I used a large oval pot and simmered up some chili for the year's last meal.

Without further hype here it is. Not many pics but enough to show it happened.

Brisket and ground beef in pot before adding any seasonings:

In pot with seasonings - Williams chili season as the base then other add ins:

On the spoon:

And in the bowl:

Hope ya'll enjoy the pics. Everyone have a SAFE and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Yup just another boring ol' pot of chili

3405 BGW GOSM gasser
Chargriller Duo W/ SFB and mods
Uni-Flame kettle grill - poor lonely grill
*New - Home made Drum Smoker with options*
Various other tools of mass destruction

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 01-01-2010, 11:39 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Oh...PLEASE bore me to DEATH! And gimmie a bigger spoon eh! YUM!
Old 01-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

Pass the cornbread & i'll get after that any day! Nice!

Old 01-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Shoot it, Cook it, Eat it

RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All
RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Bigger spoon? Heck, give me a bigger bowl AND spoon! With the cold temp here right now, I was thinking some chili sounded good. Want to try the pulled chuck in it. Sound too boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanted88 View Post
My thought exactly. Hardly ever eat cornbread, but with chili it rocks. Two bowls for me, please.
S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
New Braunfels Bandera
UniFlame Gas Grill
Lil Chief
Old 01-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Pit Master

Zeeker Is  A Name Known To All
Zeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Can't say it any better than that...
KCBS CBJ
Zeek
Old 01-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Smokin Cowboy

mulepackin Is  A Name Known To All
mulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeker View Post
Can't say it any better than that...
Smoked brisket chili, man o man that is some good eatin.

Beef. It's whats for dinner.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Lovin the Hog

T-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

pass a bowl my way too please

homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )
Old 01-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Rub Mixer

There's plenty left. Lots will be going to the freezer. Everyone carpool a road trip and lets have some chili - I'll even make some fresh cornbread! Let's eat, drink, and be merry!

3405 BGW GOSM gasser
Old 01-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Lovin the Hog

T-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke GuruT-bone Tim Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigCicles View Post
There's plenty left. Lots will be going to the freezer. Everyone carpool a road trip and lets have some chili - I'll even make some fresh cornbread! Let's eat, drink, and be merry!
I'll 2nd that

homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )
Old 01-01-2010, 02:10 PM
188 lbs. 232 lbs lost.

Gunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To All
Gunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To All

What are you talking about PC? You posted these same pics over at SMF 3 years ago. WTF!!! I'd like to know how you changed the dates on the pics. Man you can photo shop anything.

Ha ha, just kidding y'all. PC, that looks good. You don't post your wares over here very much, but man when you do you get me like a famished tittybaby.

BTW Ole Bud, next time you invite me to go to Lambert's, how 'bout a PM. I mean COME ON!!!! I hope you had a great birthday. You know I'm only about 2 weeks older than you, ya old geezer.

Oh, and for the chili.

Tom
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 01-01-2010, 02:18 PM
fire and brimstone

PreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

nice lookin chilli

where are the beens
Old 01-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
What are you talking about PC? You posted these same pics over at SMF 3 years ago. WTF!!! I'd like to know how you changed the dates on the pics. Man you can photo shop anything.

Ha ha, just kidding y'all. PC, that looks good. You don't post your wares over here very much, but man when you do you get me like a famished tittybaby.

BTW Ole Bud, next time you invite me to go to Lambert's, how 'bout a PM. I mean COME ON!!!! I hope you had a great birthday. You know I'm only about 2 weeks older than you, ya old geezer.

Oh, and for the chili.
I learned photshop from the old timer Gunny - maybe you know him. Man is he old.

If I'd thought you woulda really came I sure would've. Next time I will PM ya and get hooked up with ya.

No I don't post much of my stuff anywhere actually. I just drive around from shop to shop and get lippy most of the time. That's something BBQ Bubba taught me

My job works some screwed up swing shift schedules and I just don't take the time to gather the stuff to post a proper thread with and you know how that Bubba is about pix and all. BTW - where is he?

Next time Gunny - I'll hold ya to it.

3405 BGW GOSM gasser
Old 01-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Nice for sure...
Old 01-01-2010, 04:52 PM
188 lbs. 232 lbs lost.

Gunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To All
Gunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigCicles View Post
Next time Gunny - I'll hold ya to it.
You bet man. All this time, hangin' around the same forums, livin' an hour apart and we ain't never met. I even bought another Harley in Joplin last summer.

Tom
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 01-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Rub Mixer

I'll get a day off on a weekend some day (I hope) I'll give ya a holler and see what you have for plans. Shoot it's only 50 - 60 minutes from the house to Lambert's depending on time of day and traffic on 96. But yes - I'll look ya up.

3405 BGW GOSM gasser
Old 01-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Padre

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

lookin good on that chilli, perfect weather from it here in coastal virginny too
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
Chargriller SnP well modified
one ugly ass drum smoker
New Braunfels Bandera in dry dock for a service life extension overhaul

and

saving for a trailer mounted 60" reverse flow for my christmas present
Old 01-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Up in Smoke

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

for the chili Pig. You musta been readin my mind cause I been needin some brisket chili lately. All I gotta do is smoke another brisket...or drive to Missouri...

Oops. no points...sorry...Ill owe ya...

Old 01-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Bourbon bifocals

Uncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanted88 View Post
Ooooh man There aint nothing boring about that chili! Gets pretty boring wishing I had a bowl of it! Damn nice grub

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
Clint Eastwood

Old 01-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Smokin meat Wu-Tang Style

wutang Is  A Name Known To All
wutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To All

I'll take a bowl too. Top it with a little shredded cheddar and maybe a dollup of sour cream. Great looking chili!
KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Beef

Tags
beef, brisket, chili