Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Everything Gardening

Everything Gardening Growing Your Own Veggies Just Got Easier. Feel Free To Post Your Tips And Ideas.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Hobart Model 612 Chopper Refurbishment
Last Post: Mark R
Posted On: 10-21-2017
Replies: 3
Views: 36
0 Saturday barbecue
Last Post: Spivitz
Replies: 6
Views: 151
0 Salmon & Catfish (Sous Vide)
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 11
Views: 136
0 Breakfast
Last Post: Spivitz
Replies: 6
Views: 142
0 Question -- Buying meat online
Last Post: MDGirlInFL
Replies: 14
Views: 319
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,374 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,735 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 640,636 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 08-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Pit Master

erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All
erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All
Default Super EZ refrigerator pickles that are awful good!!!

One of my technicians at work brought a jar of these refrigerator pickles in one day last week. Took me a week to get the recipe from him. No worries it aint a super secret recipe and I told him I was gonna share it and he said no worries.

So if you have cucumbers in the garden or have access to some give this a try. It is so easy and you can whip up a batch in no time. The ingredients are all common and you prolly already have. Only thing I had to buy was the vinegar cause I was out. Anyway we have some cucumbers...

Slice up 5 cups worth nice and thin, along with a medium onion. Put in a big container, I used an ice cream pail.

Add 1 tsp. turmeric, 1/2 tsp. celery seed, and 1/2 tsp. mustard seed.

In another container, mix 1 and 1/3 cups white vinegar, 1 and 1/3 cups white sugar, and 2 tsp. pickling salt. Whisk til is all dissolved.

Pour the Sugar/vinegar mix over the seasoned cucumbers/onion. Toss the cucumbers until all is well mixed, let set about 5 minutes and toss again. repeat until you can see the slices start to get limp. At this point divide into thirds and place in three pint jars. Pour leftover liquid into the jars and fill. Clean rim and cap off, i just used lids and bands.

By now you will have sampled them and will have a very difficult time with the last part of the recipe, at least I do anyway... The putting in refigerator and waiting 3-5 days is almost impossible but is worth the wait. And you are supposed to shake the jars at least once per day to help get the settled spices back in the mix... Hope a few of you try these out!
Dutch Ovens and other CI
Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Last edited by erain; 08-22-2013 at 11:17 AM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 08-22-2013, 05:33 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Yeah I have made those.... they do have great flavor!!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 08-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Shoot it, Cook it, Eat it

RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All
RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All

Sounds good E. Love fridge pickles. Thanks for the recipe. Wrote it down.
S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
New Braunfels Bandera
UniFlame Gas Grill
Lil Chief
Old 08-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Seasoned Smoker

dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All
dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All

Killer! Pop a few on a sammie and I'd be happy!

Yoder YS640
Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
Frogmats
Maverick ET 732
Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

Old 08-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Thanks E!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

Grew up watching Mom make these every summer as soon as the onions and cucumbers were ripe. I didn't like them then...but I do now. Great job, E!

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 09-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

I'm on for that gig Cat Daddy! Tell your tech he done good fessin it up!

Old 09-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Pit Master

erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All
erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanted88 View Post
I'm on for that gig Cat Daddy! Tell your tech he done good fessin it up!
took him fishing to Lake of the woods and showed him the best 2 days of fishing he ever had in his life, i think he didnt have a prob kickin oot the beans on them pickles... Not to mention aint gonna be kiping from his jar cause i got me own!
Dutch Ovens and other CI
Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Everything Gardening