Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Where To Buy It

Where To Buy It You Have A Great Place You Buy Your Smoking & Grilling Stuff. Feel Free To Share It Here.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Poor Man's amazin smoker
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Posted On: 12-13-2017
Replies: 23
Views: 246
0 German Farmer Summer Sausage
Last Post: sweet_magnolia
Replies: 5
Views: 44
0 Venison Italian and Summer Sausage and Smoked Cheese
Last Post: SmokinOutBack
Replies: 14
Views: 161
0 Searing meat
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 2
Views: 39
6 Cinnamon Roll Shooters...
Last Post: THE ICEMAN
Replies: 5
Views: 157
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,462 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,975 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 644,723 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 09-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Meat Mopper

V-DAWG Is Just Starting Out
Default Mad hunky retail idea

I was in Sam's today and was thinking.....wouldn't it be awesome to be able to buy a huge Sam's sized bulk case of some Mad Hunky General Purpose Rub?! Heck, I'd buy a membership just for that!!!

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-08-2013, 05:38 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-DAWG View Post
I was in Sam's today and was thinking.....wouldn't it be awesome to be able to buy a huge Sam's sized bulk case of some Mad Hunky General Purpose Rub?! Heck, I'd buy a membership just for that!!!
Problem is...you gotta crawl soo far up Sam's ass to get anything in there, I'd have to have it made in China.

Plus...Sam's is not my favorite venue to buy anything. If I gotta I will, but really don't like those places.

I tried Gander Mtn and Bass Pro... could not even get a call or a lousy email back.

Sooo...F 'em all- give me the Mom an' Pop/ smaller retail places any day. Better service, better people.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Tinkerer of Smoke

MichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

Have you tried Meijer, Kroger or Spartan stores Rich?
Old 09-08-2013, 01:54 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichChef View Post
Have you tried Meijer, Kroger or Spartan stores Rich?
The local Spartan was not interested. Foundout why 2 weeks later..they had their own rubs brought in. 41% salt.

Have not tried Kroger or Meijer. Kroger is a national chain... encompassing a dozen brands I believe... little hope there. Meijer is MI based of course... might be worth ashot.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:22 PM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

I wouldn't get into business with a sams or walmart type of entity. They insist that prices be lower each year, and force contracts for that reason. By doing business with them it could essentially drive a supplier out of business, or force quality to suffer in what we all know is a top notch product.

Here is a good read about some of their behind the scene practices that hurt suppliers...this showcases gallon jars of pickles...

http://www.fastcompany.com/47593/wal-mart-you-dont-know

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Problem is...you gotta crawl soo far up Sam's ass to get anything in there, I'd have to have it made in China.

Plus...Sam's is not my favorite venue to buy anything. If I gotta I will, but really don't like those places.

I tried Gander Mtn and Bass Pro... could not even get a call or a lousy email back.

Sooo...F 'em all- give me the Mom an' Pop/ smaller retail places any day. Better service, better people.
I guess Cabela's would be the same?????
I think they have a bunch of smoking seasonings.

Bear
Old 09-08-2013, 02:40 PM
The BBQer coneSEWER

Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All
Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:

X2! I've got No use for Sams or Walmart!! They are going to be the death of retail competition in America with their ' We have 9 billion stores, so You will give us a better price than you give any other store' attitude for the supplier and the 'you're just a menial puke' attitude towards their employees. I agree completely, Rich. F them!!

You may not get rich, Rich, off us here, but we're going to give you a fair price for your excellent product.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Old 09-08-2013, 03:08 PM
🌵

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All

Hey Rich, have you thought aboot Amazon?
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

CHRISTMAS MAY BE A WEE BIT LATE...

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 09-08-2013, 03:15 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer View Post

Here is a good read about some of their behind the scene practices that hurt suppliers...this showcases gallon jars of pickles...

http://www.fastcompany.com/47593/wal-mart-you-dont-know
My point exactly. Vlasic was a rather large employer in the area I grew up in,in the neighborhood of 2500 jobs in a mostly rural MI county. I'm not sure there's a operating plant there now.

*I* have control over this product and who sells it. And I will NOT knuckle under or sell out to a strong-arm distributor/retailer. In actuality... rather than feel good about a huge market presence...I am flattered becausemy customers DO go to some lengths to obtain my products. And that is another reason I do my damnedest to ship next day, or as soon as humanly possible.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
X2

Then you could bring the cigarette back on the packaging
Old 09-08-2013, 03:23 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
I have. And Google as well. There is a certain amount of web/software wizardry involved with that area of marketing. Something I am honestly..afraid of. My web guy is too busy to deal with that stuff. I have approached a couple people, but so far have not seen anything promising.

I would be willing to pay some reasonable amount for a knowledgable person to help me out...
Old 09-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
I would be willing to pay some reasonable amount for a knowledgable person to help me out...
I don't charge much
Old 09-08-2013, 03:34 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
I don't charge much
Are you knowledgable?
Old 09-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
I don't charge much
I don't know much
Old 09-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:

Quote:
I have. And Google as well. There is a certain amount of web/software wizardry involved with that area of marketing. Something I am honestly..afraid of. My web guy is too busy to deal with that stuff. I have approached a couple people, but so far have not seen anything promising.

Give me a call one day Rich if you have interest in Amazon.. I sell my deer feeder timers on Amazon. The set up is easy and you can have them ship your product for you or ship it yourself.. Fees should be reasonable for the rub, it's the electronics like my timer they get you on...

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 09-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Biltong King

Craiger and Rich, you guys are lucky the multi-quote is not functioning
Old 09-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Shoot it, Cook it, Eat it

RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All
RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All

Rich, I've often thought about approaching several local retail chains on your behalf. They're not big, but are open to that sort of thing. I've seen it with sauces, dressings and frozen pizzas. Wouldn't you have to change your packaging to go retail? More like a large shaker bottle. I mean not many people are going to want to buy a pound of something they haven't tried.
S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
New Braunfels Bandera
UniFlame Gas Grill
Lil Chief
Old 09-08-2013, 04:38 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyRay View Post
Rich, I've often thought about approaching several local retail chains on your behalf. They're not big, but are open to that sort of thing. I've seen it with sauces, dressings and frozen pizzas. Wouldn't you have to change your packaging to go retail? More like a large shaker bottle. I mean not many people are going to want to buy a pound of something they haven't tried.
I can package it any way I want. Now..it's set up for savvy folk that keep their shakers I can have shakers done. It's just more expensive is all. If you have a marketing idea...run it by me. I can have it delivered in condoms because "it's fuckin' good" if ya like...
Old 09-08-2013, 04:44 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Thanks Ken...I appreciate it. guess I should look into that arena.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Where To Buy It