Tea smoked asian short ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea smoked asian short ribs

A great meal to end a great day. Went to a gun show with dad this morning. Haven't been to one in years and was great just spending time with him even though he complained about mom the whole time In May I sold the calves except for one cause she was bred. That's weird I only have one bull instead of giving her away for nothing I figured I would calve her out. Couldn't find her when I got home. Went to the barn and there she was with a live calf. Beings she's so young I thought the calf would be dead or she would have problems and die but I didn't even have to pull it. She did it on her own I digress. Saw this recipe on one of my apps. Started by marinating the short ribs 24 hours. I sliced the ribs for better marinating and quicker cooking.
    Out of marinade and somewhat dried off

Got the akorn going, soaked 12 orange and spice tea bags for a minute and the mixed in with the lump. The smoke smelled amazing. I boiled the marinade ans resauced twice. They look burnt but I assure you they weren't.

Served with barkonbutts drunken noodles minus the veggies cause it was a last minute deal, but tasted great with the ribs.
    Marinade
    1/2c each ketchup, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and sherry
    1/4c Brown sugar
    1t each sesame oil, ground ginger, onion powder,Chinese 5 spice, and garlic powder
    1/2t cayenne powder

Thanks for looking! This was a nice change of pace for short ribs.
    sigpic

Congrats on the calf and good thing all turned out well. The meal sounds and looks awesome...
    God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
    Weber Performer Gold
    Masterbuilt 26" twins
    Big Chief Electric smoker
    Brinkmann barrel smoker
    LEM sausage stuffer
    Cabela's pro HD grinder
    Maverick ET-732
    ThermoWorks Thermapen
    GrillGrates

Comment

Thanks Bigg, I knew it was coming soon I'm glad I don't have to get up every hour to check on her tonight. Besides pulling a calf sucks. Instead of getting hardly anything for her I should get a nice check. For an inbred calf I still will get a nice paycheck on that to. Just a real pleasant surprise.
      sigpic

Comment

Nice! I've never done short ribs, and the marinade interests me hmmmmm
        Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you only have today!

Comment

Great looking meal!!
          Weber Performer, 26" Weber grill, 18" WSM, UDS, Santa Maria Grill

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Bob View Post
            Nice! I've never done short ribs, and the marinade interests me hmmmmm
            watch for some nice meaty ones, have even seen some real nice ones labled for soup...

And i thought for sure we were headed for a veal thread, Nice job on the short ribs!
            Charbroil SFB
            GOSM
            MES
            Dutch Ovens and other CI
            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Woot! New calf, and a great looking meal to boot. Sounds like an awesome day once you throw in the GUN SHOW!

Comment

Damn fine looking cook there!
                Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                Yoder Wichita
                Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Huh...tea eh? Never tried that. Nice looking meat there. Love SRs!
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

no idea what shortribs are - but that look super tasty

have some
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                      no idea what shortribs are -
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_ribs

Comment

Congrats on the new calf. The ribs look great and the marinade sounds like something I would enjoy. Thank you for the recipe.

I've heard of the tea for smoking. Never tried it. Passed on some great deals for short ribs. Wasn't sure what to do with them. Might have to give them a try.
                        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        UniFlame Gas Grill
                        Lil Chief

Comment

Thanks everyone! As far as the tea bags go would I do it again. Not sure. The aroma was amazing, but the sauce was the star and I couldn't really taste it. That being said I will be trying it on plain steaks to see if the flavor does come through. If so I would definitely do again.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X